The Midwest Bracket (St. Louis)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 05:58 PM)
U would hope I didnt mean Xavier moreso than the your first question with the Buckeyes?? :huh

I didnt, but plenty of the media and "experts" that are bashing the hell out of the Big Ten right now sure didnt think Xavier was too worthy when the brackets came out. Go ahead and ask Jay Bilas, Andy Katz, or Clark Kellogg (a big ten guy) what they think of the Muskateers. You originally asked where all the Big Ten bashing was coming from, and how it is justified....I guess it took me a couple posts to get across, but there you have it.

It's just funny, because people called the Big Ten down all season. Then people bashed the conference for getting too many teams into the tourney. And after the weekend, people starting asking what's wrong with the Big Ten--why were they so down and disappointing in the tourney?

It's just retarded, because these critics act like they never said what they did before hand.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 12:07 AM)
I dont think my team has any chance, im being realistic.

The team cannot play well under pressure.

Kanasas is too much of an offensive team for SIU to handle. Granted SIU has great defense they havent seen this kind of offense they are about to play all year, closest thing they saw was prolly Butler.

Honestly, SIU on offense, they look lost lol, its horrible to watch, its like your pick up games in public gyms. Their defense is going to have to win them the game here and have a hot hand shooting.

Rock Chalk will be fine.

Sorry had to restore confidence in you to jynx kansas because i got siu winning lol. :P

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 10:57 AM)
Kanasas is too much of an offensive team for SIU to handle. Granted SIU has great defense they havent seen this kind of offense they are about to play all year, closest thing they saw was prolly Butler.

Honestly, SIU on offense, they look lost lol, its horrible to watch, its like your pick up games in public gyms. Their defense is going to have to win them the game here and have a hot hand shooting.

Rock Chalk will be fine.

Sorry had to restore confidence in you to jynx kansas because i got siu winning lol. :P

1 word for you

Bradnell.

that is bradley and bucknell, we seem to have a problem with mid majors.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 11:43 AM)
1 word for you

Bradnell.

that is bradley and bucknell, we seem to have a problem with mid majors.

SIU starts with an S :P If it was Belmont you guys would have a problem.

I'd be pretty suprised if SIU won this game.

Edited by WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 10:57 AM)

Rock Chalk will be fine.

Butler actually averages more points per possession than KU. Now obviously KU is a completely different type of offense and they're much more explosive but it's not like we haven't played good offenses before.

As for our offense, I know people have a hard time believing that a team that doesn't average 80 points a game can actually be a solid offensive team, but we are indeed an efficient offensive club. We're not great by any stretch of the imagination on offense but our offensive 'woes' are very over stated. We're an above average shooting team, we're above average in points per possession and we're in the top 25 percent of college basketball in 3 point shooting. We're not "lost" on offense(though earlier in the year we had issues with zones), we just run a slow down offense which obviously confuses some people.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 01:43 PM)
Butler actually averages more points per possession than KU. Now obviously KU is a completely different type of offense and they're much more explosive but it's not like we haven't played good offenses before.

As for our offense, I know people have a hard time believing that a team that doesn't average 80 points a game can actually be a solid offensive team, but we are indeed an efficient offensive club. We're not great by any stretch of the imagination on offense but our offensive 'woes' are very over stated. We're an above average shooting team, we're above average in points per possession and we're in the top 25 percent of college basketball in 3 point shooting. We're not "lost" on offense(though earlier in the year we had issues with zones), we just run a slow down offense which obviously confuses some people.

Butler has a weaker schedule than KU so of course they will score more. There wasnt really a team Butler played that was as talented as them that stopped their offense except SIU. That being their only top 25 loss.

Your slow offense might help you against KU. I bet they try to make this a fast paced game so you guys dont get your defensive scheme set.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 03:27 PM)
I think Florida and Oregon might both win big here. These games look like total mismatches IMO.

Agreed. I'll take a Gators romp, or at least by 10. Oregon is playing at the top of their game right now, and may just have to end UNLV's sweet run adruptly, I actually like the Ducks to head to Atlanta.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 12:18 PM)
Agreed. I'll take a Gators romp, or at least by 10. Oregon is playing at the top of their game right now, and may just have to end UNLV's sweet run adruptly, I actually like the Ducks to head to Atlanta.

Same here on Oregon, they aren't getting enough credit. If Oregon heads to Atlanta, UCLA beats KU, and Ohio State wins it all....I'm all but a lock to win a bit over 500 dollars in pools. So yeah, I got some rooting interests.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 06:36 PM)
James Brown is the most horrendous announcer ever. He sounds like he's on a cell phone.

Oh my God, I so agree! Everytime I hear him do a basketball game, I think it is a highlight reel for the news or something.

I like him as a studio personality. Not broke, don't fix!

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 24, 2007 -> 12:41 AM)
Oregon is winning this damn region. Florida's playing with fire BS won't work against them, and Brooks will score more than 8 this time.

It seems like if any of their guards has a great game they can carry Oregon through each game, Porter against UNLV, Taylor against USC.

One of their three guys will be explosive in this game.

So far Oregon has a slight lead. Noah is struggling and Horford.

Edited by ChWRoCk2