The West Bracket (San Jose)

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 09:20 AM)
Good luck, let the best team win.

Jimbo is taking a stoic approach to the tourney.

Who are you and what have you done with Jimbo?

BTW, salukitalk.net welcomes opposing team fans, as long as you keep the talk sensible. Come on down if you are curious.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 09:37 AM)
Who are you and what have you done with Jimbo?

BTW, salukitalk.net welcomes opposing team fans, as long as you keep the talk sensible. Come on down if you are curious.

As I said, good luck and im proud of both these teams.

The only thing I will say is I knew the jayhawks would outlast Bucky.

Protect the ball and dictate the pace of the game, that's what we have to do and we'll have a shot. KU is obviously talented as hell but we CAN win this game. Our style might be just the thing to frusterate them, we shall see. GO DAWGS!!

P.S. Jimbo, I fully expect you to be cheering for the Salukis in this one. :P

Incredible game at the UC yesterday, and thats about as good as I've seen Kentucky play. Kansas just couldnt miss in the 2nd half, sending the legions of Jayhawk nation into a frenzy. This team is quickly becoming one of my favorite all-time Kansas teams, they are a clockwork machine right now....with themselves as the only way to stop it. Its very encouraging to know that even though Sherron was a bit off his game yesterday, and Arthur didnt really contribute at all, they were still able to easily plug pieces togehter and control the tempo (once there was one). All that being said, I'm speechless over the game that Julian Wright had.

Have nothing but respect for this Saluki team, I've really enjoyed watching them play when I could this year. I'm looking forward to a great game and by no means taking SIU lightly. Kinda shocked the spread is a much is it is at 8.5, if that holds.... this will be the first time I dont go to the window with the Jayhawks in mind this March.

ROCK CHALK & VIVA LAS VEGGGGGAS!!!

Edited by watchtower41

QUOTE(HawkDJ @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 02:11 PM)
Word

Holy hell, where the hell did you come from?

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 01:05 PM)
Shouldn't you be on your way to Cali right now?

I should walk there. Airfare is insane right now. If you'd just give me the winnings from the pool right now, then maybe I could afford it. :P

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 01:25 PM)
Incredible game at the UC yesterday, and thats about as good as I've seen Kentucky play. Kansas just couldnt miss in the 2nd half, sending the legions of Jayhawk nation into a frenzy. This team is quickly becoming one of my favorite all-time Kansas teams, they are a clockwork machine right now....with themselves as the only way to stop it. Its very encouraging to know that even though Sherron was a bit off his game yesterday, and Arthur didnt really contribute at all, they were still able to easily plug pieces togehter and control the tempo (once there was one). All that being said, I'm speechless over the game that Julian Wright had.

Have nothing but respect for this Saluki team, I've really enjoyed watching them play when I could this year. I'm looking forward to a great game and by no means taking SIU lightly. Kinda shocked the spread is a much is it is at 8.5, if that holds.... this will be the first time I dont go to the window with the Jayhawks in mind this March.

ROCK CHALK & VIVA LAS VEGGGGGAS!!!

How can Kansas be playing well, they haven't beaten anybody!

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
Beating a team with 20+ wins and the toughest schedule in the country isnt somebody? :huh

Well, that one flew right over your head. I'm pretty sure the exclamation point meant sarcasm... Yeesh, don't you Jayhawk fans know what sarcasm is? :D

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 12:20 PM)
Well, that one flew right over your head. I'm pretty sure the exclamation point meant sarcasm... Yeesh, don't you Jayhawk fans know what sarcasm is? :D

LOl sure did.

We are very fragile bunch this time of year. Hell, I was starting to get pissed when they started the Rock Chalk chant with over 2:00 minutes left and we were only up 12. But like Jimbo said, its March, it doesnt matter if your team plays Oral Roberts or UNLV, a win is a win.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 10:28 AM)
Beating a team with 20+ wins and the toughest schedule in the country isnt somebody? :huh

Nope. They haven't beaten anyone since the pre-conference season. There is no way they will be a #1 seed. No way. They just aren't good enough and haven't proven themselves. All they do it beat up on patsies. The Big 12 sucks, don't you know?`

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 03:49 PM)
Nothing is 100 percent sure yet, BUT it looks like Matt will play. :pray

Good news if true. Read Bone sprained a knee in practice.

Hope they show Kansas/SIU out here in AZ but I fear Texas A&M will be on.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 09:07 PM)
Good news if true. Read Bone sprained a knee in practice.

Hope they show Kansas/SIU out here in AZ but I fear Texas A&M will be on.

Unfortunately, he isn't going to be available, just great. So Matt is definitely going to try and play, we'll see how ready he is. If he's in a lot of pain, we're going to have one hell of a short bench tomorrow.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 03:06 PM)
I can't wait for these games, awesome region.

Let's see how close I get:

KU 62

SIU 54

Like your prediction for this game. I'd like to think the Salukis will have to hold KU under 60 for a chance at pulling the upset.

KU 62

SIU 58

UCLA 65

Pitt 61

Edited by watchtower41