The West Bracket (San Jose)

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 05:45 PM)
SIU shocks the world and Tennessee beats OSU. You heard it here first! or second or third...

Oh no, ive been pleading the vols this whole week, dont get me started. Tenn for the win.

SIU um GL.......Your gonna need it, still dont know why i picked them to win.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 05:10 PM)
Oh no, ive been pleading the vols this whole week, dont get me started. Tenn for the win.

SIU um GL.......Your gonna need it, still dont know why i picked them to win.

Thats why I said or second or third. I have the Vols in the final four though

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 06:36 PM)
Thats why I said or second or third. I have the Vols in the final four though

W/E i dont care lol. I just wrote up a big preview on how much better Tenn is in their thread. And they are, and should win.

BTW, Salukis finding their shot so far, looked nervous at the start but got rid of the jitters.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 01:18 AM)
I've got to say. I thought I knew what I was going to see in this game tonight, but i didnt think that the difference in coaching was going to be this large. SIU is just head and shoulders better coached than Kansas, its amazing.

Does Kansas run any offense or do they just let the three guys on top weave and drive to the hoop?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 07:21 PM)
Does Kansas run any offense or do they just let the three guys on top weave and drive to the hoop?

SIU controlled both ends of the court, controlled the pace, and stopped Kansas from running any offensive sets at all. Self made no adjustments whatsoever.

I really thought SIU would pull it out, but the breaks didnt go their way. They were clearly the better TEAM on the court tonight.

Great game, sad it didn't end the way i wanted it to. The officiating missed 2 BIG calls, but what can you do? Great Season, Im gonna miss JT and TY! I love those guys and they will always be special to me! GO DAWGS!

NOW RESIGN CLO!

I agree with the screwed over posts, but Mullins never misses left handed lay ups and he did when we could of taken control of the game.

Between the two shot clock gafs and the goal tending that wasn't called, it wasn't pretty.

The refs let both teams play which was nice to see.

Kansas is the first team we have played all year that could knock down mid range floaters and other tougher shots and they did.

Thank you Jamal and Tony for great careers.

Holy s*** SIU fans. That was the most amazing 40 minutes of hell that i have seen against my jayhawks ever. I respect that coach and that team so much. They took any ebb and flow away from my jayhawks, got in their heads and ran with it. I feel blessed that we pulled it off. I would keep my heads up, SIU is better than 8/10ths of teams in this tourey. The difference in this game was Self. For the first time in 3 years he finallyl changed his offense in a tourney game. He told his team to reestablish the middle and it worked but baely. Keep those heds high Salulkis, keep em high...you gained my respect and then some.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 08:13 PM)
Holy s*** SIU fans. That was the most amazing 40 minutes of hell that i have seen against my jayhawks ever. I respect that coach and that team so much. They took any ebb and flow away from my jayhawks, got in their heads and ran with it. I feel blessed that we pulled it off. I would keep my heads up, SIU is better than 8/10ths of teams in this tourey. The difference in this game was Self. For the first time in 3 years he finallyl changed his offense in a tourney game. He told his team to reestablish the middle and it worked but baely. Keep those heds high Salulkis, keep em high...you gained my respect and then some.

I don't like this new Jimbo.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 07:45 PM)
I'm absolutely heart broken. I can't even take this right now.

It's all good, Row44. You'll be back.

As much as there were bad calls, SIU got a tip in after a shot that hit the rim....problem was that first shot that hit the rim was released after the shot clock buzzer. Anybody who Tivo'd the game can find it later in the first half I believe, but it was almost as bad as the KU one, no idea why they didn't show replays.

However, SIU did lose a point by the refs on the no call goaltend which cost Tatum a 3 point play (he made both FT's though) and 2 more on the missed lay up duo of Mullins and Tatum on that breakaway play, and there's your final score (which I didn't miss by much in my guess ;)). SIU is a hell of a team, and they have a lot coming back and coming in, so they'll keep doing their thing.

UCLA looked damn good, I feel a lot better about having them beating KU after tonight.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

If you would have told me yesterday that SIU was going to hold Rush to 12 points and Wright to 7 points, and lose the game, I would have said you were nuts.

Im still amazed at the effort by the Salukis, they came out swinging.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 23, 2007 -> 08:55 AM)
If you would have told me yesterday that SIU was going to hold Rush to 12 points and Wright to 7 points, and lose the game, I would have said you were nuts.

Im still amazed at the effort by the Salukis, they came out swinging.

I am just hoping SIU was "that game" that causes a team to wake up and see the finish line. I still have not taken a breath yet from last night, any drink recommendations to wake me up.