Sox @ Seattle, March 11

Heads22

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 02:11 PM)
Still another hour until game time.

Any idea who else is slated to pitch.

In another thread Aardsma was mentioned as a possibility. Probably Tracey. Jenks hasn't pitched in a while, has he? So he could pitch. We will likely see 3 innings from Russell and Phillips together, so The means 2-3 relievers will only be used, if everything goes to planned.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 02:14 PM)
In another thread Aardsma was mentioned as a possibility. Probably Tracey. Jenks hasn't pitched in a while, has he? So he could pitch. We will likely see 3 innings from Russell and Phillips together, so The means 2-3 relievers will only be used, if everything goes to planned.

Yeah, that was me who mentioned Aardsma so that doesn't do me much good. It's pretty disappointing that Masset had to pitch yesterday, I've watched basically all of his outings from last season but I've yet to see him this spring I would have liked to see him held over to today.

Sweeney could dearly use another year in AAA, so I'd like to see him fail in ST, as strange as it sounds. He has a chance to blossom in Charlotte, but would likely just be f***ed with in the majors.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 02:30 PM)
There will literally be no one of interest pitching today. No Masset, Gonzalez, Danks or Floyd. Sweeney and Anderson's presence may be the only saving grace.

I'm looking for some Matthew Inouye today.

And God knows, everytime the Sox are on TV in Spring, we're gonna get some Rogo.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 02:33 PM)
Sweeney could dearly use another year in AAA, so I'd like to see him fail in ST, as strange as it sounds. He has a chance to blossom in Charlotte, but would likely just be f***ed with in the majors.

The way I see it is if you think you are ready and you play great in ST and earn the job, you should get. I really hate it when people use the term 'rushing' when the player earns the job. Rushing a player to the bigs is like what was done last year w/ Anderson. He didn't earn the job, but awarded the job.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 01:35 PM)
The way I see it is if you think you are ready and you play great in ST and earn the job, you should get. I really hate it when people use the term 'rushing' when the player earns the job. Rushing a player to the bigs is like what was done last year w/ Anderson. He didn't earn the job, but awarded the job.

As I recall, he hit fairly well (above .300) last Spring.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 02:35 PM)

If Ryan is our starting CF this year, Ozzie will f*** him up. I guarantee it. I'd much rather have him try and continue to develop as a corner outfielder in Charlotte, because that is his future. Anderson wasn't rushed. He just didn't hit in the majors.

Chi White Sox AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG

Iguchi, 2B 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .111

Sweeney, LF 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .211

Konerko, 1B 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .421

Dye, RF 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .158

Perez, DH 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .500

Anderson, CF 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .286

Fields, 3B 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .357

Gonzalez, SS 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .308

Molina, C 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .250

Totals 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Seattle AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG

Suzuki, CF 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .312

Beltre, 3B 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .364

Guillen, RF 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .308

Sexson, 1B 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000

Broussard, DH 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .308

Johjima, C 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .286

Betancourt, SS 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .235

Balentien, W, LF 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .222

Navarro, 2B 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .167

Totals 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Chi White Sox IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA

Russell 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 9.00

Seattle IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA

Ramirez 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0

Interesting things to observe....

How does Iguchi look as leadoff?

Sweeney will be in LF, as the two hitter.....a likely future scenario.

Can Eduardo keep mashing?

Can Anderson keep heating up, and does it make a difference if he's not batting between the black hole of Juan and Pods?

Is Fields holding his own?

Why is Andy Gonzalez considered a prospect of any type?

What can our new top catching prospect show us?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)
Danks should be starting against lineups such as these. Seattle brought their A lineup out this afternoon.

I concur. On a side note, maybe we'll see something out of Adam. Wouldn't it be neat to have a legit hardthrowing starter prospect? :P

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)
Danks should be starting against lineups such as these. Seattle brought their A lineup out this afternoon.

Yep, outside of Balentine and Navarro that's likely their opening day lineup. It would be a nice gage for our 5th starter candidates to get some work against a nearly complete big league lineup.

Little broken bat ground out by Sweeney

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 03:04 PM)
Pardon my ignorance but who is Russell? One of our AAA guys?

I'm out of it...

He is gonna start the year off at AA. He is one our top 10 prospects, according to BA. He is tall and can bring the heat.