Sox @ Seattle, March 11

Heads22

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 04:29 PM)
Have you ever seen the Simpsons episode where Homer had the plastic bird continually press "Y" on the keyboard?

There's your answer.

I wish I had one of those birds.

woo, second hit of the game by JD!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 04:27 PM)
I heard Greg Walker this morning say that Iguchi had gotten into some "bad habits" batting second, like not trying to pull the ball often enough. This is from our hitting instructor. Southside, I thought of you immediately.

Well lets see, when pitchers challenge the zone and try to pitch in we rock them into the stone age. When teams pitch low and away and bounce the breakin pitch in the dirt, we barely scratch 2 hits together in 6 innings. If we were a line drive, hit to all fields approach that he mouths in the papers and all we would be able to solve crappy pitchers spotting low and away. Pull only, try and go for the fences approaches are what get shut down left and right by low and away.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 09:32 PM)
Two leadoff singles. Looks like Matt Sharp running for Dye.

That sounds like the name of a jobber wrestler. Am I the only one laughing that at 87 mph, Parque throws faster than Buerhle?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 03:32 PM)
Well lets see, when pitchers challenge the zone and try to pitch in we rock them into the stone age. When teams pitch low and away and bounce the breakin pitch in the dirt, we barely scratch 2 hits together in 6 innings. If we were a line drive, hit to all fields approach that he mouths in the papers and all we would be able to solve crappy pitchers spotting low and away. Pull only, try and go for the fences approaches are what get shut down left and right by low and away.

Totally agree with you -- just thought it was really something to hear that Walker is preaching to pull MORE.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 02:36 PM)
can this Paulo Orlando guy hit? Or does all he have is speed?

He was pretty highly touted as a signing out of Brazil. Well highly touted for our system. Started off pretty hot last year but IIRC he faded as the season went on. So he's what I'd call a project. Supposed to be fast though.