Sox @ Seattle, March 11

Heads22

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 08:29 PM)
Add in good movement on a two seam fastball.

Just struck out Big Sexy as well.

Russell is certainly more projectable than most of our other minor leaguers. They need to work with him on maintain a consistent motion, as he slows his body down a ton on some of his offspeed pitches. Pretty impressive stuff from him though.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 01:29 PM)
can you increase the picture size for yours? Ever since I got the new windows media player, I can't or just don't know how.

Ya, down in the left part of the mlb video thing there is a button that lets you go to full screen. Too bad half the f***ing pitches I don't see, I just hear the bat crack and than it pans to the players fielding.

And my connection is plenty fast so that ain't the issue. Great to know mlb hasn't solved s***. This is the exact reason I hated mlb.tv the past couple years, half the f***ing time you don't even get to see the game.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 03:33 PM)
Ya, down in the left part of the mlb video thing there is a button that lets you go to full screen. Too bad half the f***ing pitches I don't see, I just hear the bat crack and than it pans to the players fielding.

And my connection is plenty fast so that ain't the issue. Great to know mlb hasn't solved s***. This is the exact reason I hated mlb.tv the past couple years, half the f***ing time you don't even get to see the game.

I'm having absolutely no problems with it right now.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 02:32 PM)
no in between?

rack 'em up! Russel is looking really good. Wouldn't be surprised to see him surpase McCullogh on the prospect list.

Yep. Follow these directions.

- Right click on the picture, then click properties

- Copy the entire link beside location. Should start with 'mms:'

- Hit stop on the windows media player.

- Open your standalone windows media player

- File->Open URL->paste

That should let you have it in your regular player. You can change the size at will.

Edited by jphat007

yeah, me too. The quality isn't to good, but there isn't any lag for me at all.

I wish my directv didn't poop out on me the other day or right now I'd be watching this on the big screen instead of the little screen on the computer.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 01:36 PM)
I'm having absolutely no problems with it right now.

I'm pissed, I just tested my bandwith while I'm streaming to boot and it is 3447 kbps (420 is the recommended for the 350 too)...yet half of the pitches, the thing freezes up and than I just get to see the guys field.

I am ready to throw s***.

Adam is cruising.

On Russell:

Do you have a nickname? If so, how did it come about?

Oh, Jeez (laughs). I’ve had so many nicknames over the years. It changes from season to season. I’ve had just “Big.” All the Latin players call me “Grande.” A guy in college called me “tree.” God, I can’t stand nicknames. “Big” and “Grande” I really don’t care about, but when it gets stupid with something like “tree,” I get mad (laughs)

So, does Tree work?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)
Yep. Follow these directions.

- Right click on the picture, then click properties

- Copy the entire link beside location. Should start with 'mms:'

- Hit stop on the windows media player.

- Open your standalone windows media player

- File->Open URL->paste

That should let you have it in your regular player. You can change the size at will.

This is what I got when I tried that...

Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 02:42 PM)
This is what I got when I tried that...

Make sure you stop the MLB player version. Or maybe even close that browser down. I got that error before I made sure the other version was turned off

Edited by jphat007

Great play and that was not a bad inning, aside from Beltre's ball there wasn't a hard hit in the inning and I didn't see Russel give up any hard hits period. He looked real good, varied velocity but he definitely still needs to work on that slider.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 08:46 PM)
Make sure you have on ESPN on the other channel. Great game!

Every time these teams play, it's a great game. Durant's an amazing player, but I would draft Oden over him for the reason you're seeing right now: Durant's body might make it hard for him to keep his legs for the entire 82 game season.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)
ANd its a much more entertaining than the Big Ten bball.

Not to hijack the baseball thread, but I can't see how a recruit would rather play in the Big 10 than the ACC or Big 12 after watching the tourney this wknd.