Sox @ Seattle, March 11

Heads22

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 02:51 PM)
Not to hijack the baseball thread, but I can't see how a recruit would rather play in the Big 10 than the ACC or Big 12 after watching the tourney this wknd.

Aint that the truth. Of course I'd rather they come to the ACC

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 02:54 PM)
Jenks pitched well in the B game. Vazquez got lit up, but they have the spin going saying he retired 8 out of the last 9.

I believe I heard Jenks struck out 3 in 1 1/3 innings; Sisco 4 in 2 innings.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 03:47 PM)
Every time these teams play, it's a great game. Durant's an amazing player, but I would draft Oden over him for the reason you're seeing right now: Durant's body might make it hard for him to keep his legs for the entire 82 game season.

I'd take Oden too, but whoever gets Durant will get him in the weight room. They both will be stars.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 03:00 PM)
That's good. Hopefully Arizona didn't have its A ball roster in the game at that point.

I guess the way of looking at it is you'd expect those pitchers to dominate lower competition. Although 'B' games seem to have more regulars than people give credit for.

Vazquez was bad however you look at it; lower competition or not.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)
Ozzie told them to do it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ozzie had his own set of stats for this spring, somehow Brian Anderson actually has a negative batting average, Luis Terrero as 12 homeruns and Darin Erstad's Grinder rating is through the roof.

Comcast somehow got a hold of his stat book.

Erstad has played good this spring. And yes...mlb.tv finally working properly. My computer must be f***ed up cause I switched to my laptop and hooked up to the tv and I've had zero lag. Horrid quality on the tv but s*** I'll take it.

Something I've noticed with Fields is that he usually looks very good at the plate, and takes big swings. However, looking back at it, I rarely see him actually get a base hit. As he squares up more of these pitches, he'll get better.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 09:08 PM)
Erstad has played good this spring. And yes...mlb.tv finally working properly. My computer must be f***ed up cause I switched to my laptop and hooked up to the tv and I've had zero lag. Horrid quality on the tv but s*** I'll take it.

It's very good that Erstad is playing good, because it's obvious he was going to get a starting spot no matter what. I just hope he can be the type of tough out against other teams like he's always been vs us.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 09:11 PM)
That sun must be beaming on Sweeney because he doesn't appear to have good reads on fly balls hit to him.

I was just going to say that I've been disappointed today in how Sweeney is playing defensively.

Kalapse or anyone...one thing I want to make sure, do I risk any damage or anything to my tv by using the laptop and hooking it through it. I assume not, but I just want to make sure.

I do not have a plasma, if that makes a difference either way.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 02:12 PM)
The sun is shining out into LF.

Jason, find me a TalkBigTen banner.

I don't even know what the hell that site looks like, haha.