Music Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 05:02 AM)
Have you ever stopped to notice how strange rock music is? I mean, it's such a part of our culture now that we hardly even notice. Our ears are so well trained for it, that we can pick out melody among all that noise. The next time you listen to it, pretend if you can, that you'd never been exposed to it before. It's really weird noise.

Ok, Grandpa.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever stopped to notice how strange rock music is? I mean, it's such a part of our culture now that we hardly even notice. Our ears are so well trained for it, that we can pick out melody among all that noise. The next time you listen to it, pretend if you can, that you'd never been exposed to it before. It's really weird noise.

36360.jpg

AWESOME.

I had actually never seen Coheed live before, so seeing "In Keeping Secrets...", which is my favorite album by them, in it's entirety as my first time is pretty great. Such talented musicians and Claudio's voice sounds amazing live.

I was pretty drunk, but it was still an enjoyable experience haha. They played "2113", "Gravemakers & Gunslingers", and "The Suffering" as an encore.

I'm confused about 'Chinese Democracy'.

Is it a GNR record with the original line up? Or is fat Axl with a burned out voice and those three other clowns running around in pajamas and masks?

If it's the original line up, what the hell took so long to put the record out? Anyone heard any of it yet?

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 15, 2008 -> 03:42 AM)
I'm confused about 'Chinese Democracy'.

Is it a GNR record with the original line up? Or is fat Axl with a burned out voice and those three other clowns running around in pajamas and masks?

If it's the original line up, what the hell took so long to put the record out? Anyone heard any of it yet?

It's Hired Guns & Rose.

There are no original members on this record except Axl.

He's hired and fired a bunch of guys since they started work on this disc 43 years ago.

The end result is a VERY bland album that cost a fortune to produce.

I've heard a bunch of leaks and I am not impressed in the least.

Underwhelming would be an understatement.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 15, 2008 -> 09:31 AM)
It's Hired Guns & Rose.

There are no original members on this record except Axl.

He's hired and fired a bunch of guys since they started work on this disc 43 years ago.

The end result is a VERY bland album that cost a fortune to produce.

I've heard a bunch of leaks and I am not impressed in the least.

Underwhelming would be an understatement.

The reviews are mostly positive.

Do you remember the goofballs he briefly went on tour with? I think the tour was over in a month or less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STc30hsUCoY

Is is that band?..... was the recording going on during the same time?

Too bad GNR has become a r & r punch line, Appetite is a classic.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 15, 2008 -> 12:30 PM)
The reviews are mostly positive.

Do you remember the goofballs he briefly went on tour with? I think the tour was over in a month or less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STc30hsUCoY

Is is that band?..... was the recording going on during the same time?

Too bad GNR has become a r & r punch line, Appetite is a classic.

I believe those goofballs are the same guys he made the album with. Robin Finck from Nine Inch Nails, Buckethead are the two names I know, and there is a hired bassist and drummer as well.

I wonder if Axl will ever come to the realization that his ego stepped on his fame and fortune, and the only way GnR is going to make its money again is with a true reunion tour. Its highly doubtful, but hey, the Police toured again, so anything can happen.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 15, 2008 -> 01:40 PM)
For those that are fans, The Cure's newest album is pretty good.There is about 5 songs on it that I cant stop playing and shows they still have it....and now I will wash off my eyeliner.

I love the Cure, and I hardly ever cry!

:D

And LMB, I'm enough of a conspiracy theorist to believe that those writers are "encouraged" to find positives about the new GnR disc.

It seriously does nothing for me. It sounds very confused, which is easy for me to believe, given the number of lineup changes, rewrites, scrapping/rerecording of tracks, and so forth.

I won't be buying it.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 15, 2008 -> 01:03 PM)
I believe those goofballs are the same guys he made the album with. Robin Finck from Nine Inch Nails, Buckethead are the two names I know, and there is a hired bassist and drummer as well.

I wonder if Axl will ever come to the realization that his ego stepped on his fame and fortune, and the only way GnR is going to make its money again is with a true reunion tour. Its highly doubtful, but hey, the Police toured again, so anything can happen.

EGADS my good man!!! That "hired bassist" is really the only credibility this joke of a band has! He's also the only guy tagging along for the duration it seems, and he seems to be the main guy Axl has any respect for as he has been allowed to record a solo album during all this time, and do numerous side projects. That's Tommy Stinson from The Replacements.

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Nov 15, 2008 -> 02:52 PM)
EGADS my good man!!! That "hired bassist" is really the only credibility this joke of a band has! He's also the only guy tagging along for the duration it seems, and he seems to be the main guy Axl has any respect for as he has been allowed to record a solo album during all this time, and do numerous side projects. That's Tommy Stinson from The Replacements.

As soon as I saw the "hired bassist" comment, I held off from saying who it was because I KNEW you'd spell it out in no uncertain terms.

:D

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 09:46 AM)
Oh yeah, without a doubt! BUT I am such a Tommy nut that I have actually thought about buying that damn album just to support Tommy, and I hate GnR.

Don't do it! It's a bad record!

Tommy's probably a salaried employee anyway, I'd bet that all the post-recoup money goes to Bill Bailey.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 03:58 AM)
Blues Brothers?

That's just it. I don't know who does the version that is always played when a big sports event is occuring in Chicago. I ran across a version by John Belushi that was pretty damn good, but I don't think it's "the" one. Also versions by Clapton and Foghat. I'm just trying to pin down the definitive version.