Music Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 03:52 PM)
No comeback for that song around here. At the time the song came out I thought it was too overproduced, but I've grown to like it more over time. Midtown did a good cover version.

It's being pounded into my head again, it's not a bad tune. I thought maybe someone used it in a film or commercial recently.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 08:51 PM)
It's being pounded into my head again, it's not a bad tune. I thought maybe someone used it in a film or commercial recently.

It's actually a really good song with an amazing vocal, IMO.

Critic, where did you get that Samoans track? They have a new one out?

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 01:14 PM)
It's actually a really good song with an amazing vocal, IMO.

Critic, where did you get that Samoans track? They have a new one out?

It was on the "A Punk Tribute To Weezer" compilation from 2006. I don't know if they have anything coming out.

They do give that song a nice little punch in the arm.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 09:45 PM)
The new Christmas single from Cyndi Lauper and The Hives:

I adore Cyndi and I like The Hives, so this song was destined to be cool. But this is just all sorts of cool that it is silly! Cyndi's voice is amazing on this track (as usual).

I did not expect to like this, as I am just a casual fan of some of Cyndi's stuff and I don't like the Hives very much, but darned if it's not a nice little toe-tapper!

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 12:24 AM)
You know, they sometimes get the label of having all their songs sounding the same, and while I can understand the argument, I like their sound, so why complain?

Sam's Town got panned by some critics, but I have played the s*** out of that record. There might be 2 weak tracks on it.

QUOTE (Cali @ Nov 19, 2008 -> 12:30 AM)
It took me forever to get into Sam's Town, but damn if it isnt an amazing album. Better than Hot Fuss in my opinion. Uncle Johnny is probably the weakest song on Sam's Town, but thats about it.

I just got to listening to the new album and figured I'd weigh in on some Killers stuff. As far as I'm concerned they don't ever have a chance at matching Hot Fuss. There are quite a few songs on Sam's Town I really enjoy, but the album as a whole was pretty disappointing to me. I do agree that Uncle Johnny was the worst song.

As for the new one, I'm not thrilled yet. I like Human. It's good, but not their best work. I've seen a lot of people say they like Spaceman and frankly, I don't get it. At all. My roommate said he didn't like it either so I'm not alone. It's got a catchy tune and kinda builds to the end like This River is Wild from Sam's Town, which I love, but Flowers doesn't do it for me on this song. It's probably gonna be like Read My Mind for me. I thought it was ok and everyone else was in love with it leaving me confused.

I'm just looking for a few really good singles from the Killers, they are good at that. I'm not expecting full albums like Hot Fuss anymore.

P.S. WTF is with Joy Ride? It sounds like motown in the beginning and then sounds jazzy and then sounds like the Killers, kinda. Weird.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 07:36 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=1800425:date=Nov 26, 2008 -> 06:51 PM:name=bmags)-->
QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 06:51 PM)
<!--quotec-->is that the "i don't wanna lose your love TONIIIIYITE"

Yes.

Start the movement to give this song a comeback. You would not believe the amount of spin it gets out here.

"Are we human or are we dancer"...???I just cant sing along to that s***.

Not that its a bad thing but I could see this Killers song being blasted through every speaker of every gay bar across this great nation.Again,not that its a bad thing.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 08:45 PM)
The new Christmas single from Cyndi Lauper and The Hives:

I adore Cyndi and I like The Hives, so this song was destined to be cool. But this is just all sorts of cool that it is silly! Cyndi's voice is amazing on this track (as usual).

Thank you for that little gem. I love the Hives, even though their last album was not all that great, but this song is a nice holiday treat.

In other music news, Kanye's new album isn't that bad. I especially like Robocop. Not even close to to the greatness of The College Dropout of course but he may not reach that level again the rest of his career. In the end it's not as bad as some people are making it out to be but it's not as good as the people that are praising him for taking his music in a new direction either.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Nov 27, 2008 -> 01:22 PM)
Thank you for that little gem. I love the Hives, even though their last album was not all that great, but this song is a nice holiday treat.

In other music news, Kanye's new album isn't that bad. I especially like Robocop. Not even close to to the greatness of The College Dropout of course but he may not reach that level again the rest of his career. In the end it's not as bad as some people are making it out to be but it's not as good as the people that are praising him for taking his music in a new direction either.

Can someone tell me why everyone loves the song Robocop? I loathe that song.

The new Kanye album is crap. 808s can make a good record, just ask M.I.A. but his album is missing a lot. The lyrics are generally lame, the songs feel unfinished and it sounds like he recorded it in his basement on his old Jambox. And the Autotune thing is way overdone. Everyone credits T-Pain, but you know that they're all just really chewing on Cher's worn out autotune jock from 1998.

Has anyone heard the new GNR album?

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Nov 29, 2008 -> 03:16 PM)
The new Kanye album is crap. 808s can make a good record, just ask M.I.A. but his album is missing a lot. The lyrics are generally lame, the songs feel unfinished and it sounds like he recorded it in his basement on his old Jambox. And the Autotune thing is way overdone. Everyone credits T-Pain, but you know that they're all just really chewing on Cher's worn out autotune jock from 1998.

Has anyone heard the new GNR album?

I have.

I don't like it. The title song is the only song on the CD that rocks at all.

The rest of the disc is full of bloated, overproduced ballad/epic/anthems.

It's far closer to the Use Your Illusions than it is to Appetite, but both Illusions at least had some good rock tunes on them.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 03:15 PM)
You older guys might remember a song called "I don't wanna lose your love" by The Outfield, kind of a big radio hit in the 80's. Anyway, that song gets a LOT of heavy rotation around here. It's always on the radio and playing at the bars. I hadn't heard that song in like 15 years. Has it made some kind of comeback?....or is it just around here?

always heard it alot in college bars the past couple years. Just one of those great drunk singalong songs.

Ok, I finally heard the Kanye and I don't like it one bit. It's a pop/R&B album and since I don't really listen to that music much it makes sense. There are a lot of people who like it though and that's because they do like that type of music. The best songs are Love Lockdown and Robocop. Like someone said the lyrics to robocop are not good at all. "You spoiled little L.A. girl...." ugh.

Anyway, whose heard the new Q-Tip? A very solid album.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Nov 29, 2008 -> 03:56 PM)
Ok, I finally heard the Kanye and I don't like it one bit. It's a pop/R&B album and since I don't really listen to that music much it makes sense. There are a lot of people who like it though and that's because they do like that type of music. The best songs are Love Lockdown and Robocop. Like someone said the lyrics to robocop are not good at all. "You spoiled little L.A. girl...." ugh.

Anyway, whose heard the new Q-Tip? A very solid album.

The new Q-Tip album is very very good. I love how you can never really tell when he records his stuff. There's no autotune phase with what he does. He just does what he's good at. Sorta like the AC-DC of Hip Hop (except with much better lyrics).

I actually think Paranoid of the 808s album is the only real jam on the record.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Nov 29, 2008 -> 02:16 PM)
Everyone credits T-Pain, but you know that they're all just really chewing on Cher's worn out autotune jock from 1998.

Um, i'd say if they're chewing on anyone's jock it would be Roger Troutman who was using the Vocoder in the early 80's.

I believe T-Pain even mentions this in a recent song.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 27, 2008 -> 08:07 AM)
"Are we human or are we dancer"...???I just cant sing along to that s***.

Not that its a bad thing but I could see this Killers song being blasted through every speaker of every gay bar across this great nation.Again,not that its a bad thing.

Ugh that song is horrible

I cant stand it

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Nov 29, 2008 -> 10:14 PM)
Um, i'd say if they're chewing on anyone's jock it would be Roger Troutman who was using the Vocoder in the early 80's.

I believe T-Pain even mentions this in a recent song.

Maybe I just like the image of T-Pain getting his creative cues from Cher. Because they're both generally awful.