White Sox vs. Indians, 4/4/07 (L)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 04:17 PM)
He was 1 for 3 with a HR. So he didn't strike out, so what? Just because he is making contact means he isn't going to hit it to short or 3B? Give me a break. Execute the freaking bunt because you are a major league player not batting in the middle of the lineup. BAD EXECUTION RIGHT CALL!

Are you watching the game. He had solid contact on his outs one a nice line drive to center. So lets bunt him, so we can put a pinch hitter who sat cold on the bench and prancer. Sure those guys have been known to put wood on the ball.

If the man is on first, sure bunt him over. If he is at 2nd, he can score without having an exra base hit, hence the reason to bunt.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 02:09 PM)
Dude, you have to know how to bunt. Runner on 2nd, no outs, not a middle of the order guy, that is what you do. You move the runner over and get him in. YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO BUNT. SHould have been runner on 3rd with 1 out, sacrifice fly/base hit gets him in. Gooch screwed up.

That's what I said when I said 'been too long.'

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
I am just sick of this blaming the manager when the players don't execute. I understand there are bad managerial decisions, but come on, the players play the game. All he had to do was bunt, do you want Ozzie to go out and hold his hand for him and show him how it's done? Give me a break.

I remember last year he had them take bunting practice and took the bat and bunted them perfect down each line and said, "There, not so hard!" and I thought it was funny that Ozzie can still bunt.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 04:19 PM)
If Iguchi executes properly it is runner on 3rd with 1 out. A fly ball ties it. Easier than having to get a hit to score.

Yes, if he did.

And we still wouldn't have scored, because Cintron hit an infield pop-up and Prancer filed out for the third out. Losing Iguchi's bat hurt more than it helped. Bad call, swing away.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 04:23 PM)
He just caught the ball with his back against the wall. I'm pretty sure any outfielder on this team makes that play, am I missing something here?

He shouldn't even have been in the game.

Alright. Farmer sounded like it was a great catch.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you watching the game. He had solid contact on his outs one a nice line drive to center. So lets bunt him, so we can put a pinch hitter who sat cold on the bench and prancer. Sure those guys have been known to put wood on the ball.

If the man is on first, sure bunt him over. If he is at 2nd, he can score without having an exra base hit, hence the reason to bunt.

1 for 3 before the bunt attempt. EXECUTE THE BUNT! 3rd base one out. Sacrifice fly scores him. EXECUTION! End of story