White Sox vs. Tigers, 4/22/07 (L)

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 01:23 PM)
Some of the worst ABs I've ever seen from PK and Dye. Good job of tying though! Is it me, or does Mackowiak bring a lot of the intangibles to this team that Pods doesn't?

He brings tangibles like decent OF defense, too.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 02:23 PM)
Some of the worst ABs I've ever seen from PK and Dye. Good job of tying though! Is it me, or does Mackowiak bring a lot of the intangibles to this team that Pods doesn't?

If by "intangibles" you mean good base running then yes, he is bringing intangibles.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 02:23 PM)

For all the man love Erstad gets from Hawk and Ozzie, he's nowhere near the "grinder" that Mackowiak is.

Mackowiak is perfect for THIS role of playing about 2/3rds of the time. Good defender in LF (usually), high OBP, he can get you 15-20 SB's with 300-350 AB's in a season.

Konerko and Dye are sinking this offense, two times with RISP and they both don't come close to threatening Verlander.

At least we have Thome again this April, or we'd be sunk.

I too am enjoying seeing Mack in the lineup lately. His defense is far and away better than Prancer and his bat isn't too shabby either...

I just wish PK and JD would stop looking like s***....