White Sox vs. Royals, 4/23/07 (W)

knightni

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right-lefty match-ups never fail!

Guillen's typical bullpen management could just be replaced by a simple algorithm.

Add that to a power-generating windmill instead of a 3rd base coach, and maybe the payroll could expand...

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 09:44 PM)
At least we have a lead after one of the worst managed innings in history.

i see everyones hating on ozzie but what exactly would you have done differently? i know sisco sucks but they are trying to build this kids confidence and see what he can do late in ballgames. maybe they found their answer tonight

Ozzie's inability to manage a bullpen never ceases to amaze me. You would figure I would be use to it now. I let Ross Gload beat me there with MMac. Sanders is a solid player and Thorton has sucked this year... unbelievable. (not to mention putting Sisco in to begin that inning)

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 09:47 PM)
I wonder if Ozzie looked at roster and thought: MacDougal against a hitter that was never good enough to start vs Sox or Thornton vs a hitter thats not good enough to start for the royals

QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 02:46 AM)
i see everyones hating on ozzie but what exactly would you have done differently? i know sisco sucks but they are trying to build this kids confidence and see what he can do late in ballgames. maybe they found their answer tonight

You don't build it the day after you blew a 2 run lead with 2 outs in the 9th inning basically due to the overuse of your bullpen. If Thornton was available tonight, as he showed he was, he needs to start that inning.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 09:41 PM)
Seriously though, Masset/Sisco/Aaaaaaaardsma/Thornton/MMacs arms are all gonna fall off by September.

Yeah yeah, I know its the right move, but our 'pen has some serious appearances already, 17 games into the season.

Add in Jenks and you have what I believe is 4 relievers with previous history of arm problems. I think Masset and Aardsma are the only clean ones, but I could be wrong.