White Sox vs. Royals, 4/24/07 (W)

knightni

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:08 PM)
Tough break on that grounder up the middle.

Ya, that was a nice play. By the way I just want to point out that Boone is only 22 and I'd bring him out for the 9th but the Sox are going to take the lead this inning.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 12:08 AM)
That's funny, because – and I know I'm going to hell for saying this – looking at the Royals fans in the stands the last two games I think they all look like the rode the short bust to the park. :)

I went to the game last year during the opening week when Sweeney hit a late go ahead HR. KC fans were booing Sweeney and a couple fans right behind us were talking mad s***. I was thinking, 'he's your best hitter, how can you boo him?'. He went yard for what ended up being the game winning HR. The fans that were heckling him had left, I was pissed.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 12:10 AM)
I went to the game last year during the opening week when Sweeney hit a late go ahead HR. KC fans were booing Sweeney and a couple fans right behind us were talking mad s***. I was thinking, 'he's your best hitter, how can you boo him?'. He went yard for what ended up being the game winning HR. The fans that were heckling him had left, I was pissed.

they hate sweeney.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 12:08 AM)
He's a good looking pitcher. One of rare future studs KC has as far as pitching.

Not sure how I feel about Jenks coming in for the bottom of the 9th in a tie game with the Tigers' series looming and Danks pitching tomorrow, which means we'll definitely use Masset, Aardsma, Sisco and much of the pen again.

And what the heck is wrong with Thornton?

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 12:05 AM)
Please, they've been out-scored by 27 runs so far this year...

Their pitching is brutal.

Their offense is good at doing just what they did off us in the 7th. Getting hits. Getting doubles. #7 in MLB in BA the second half last year. #7 in doubles. #5 in hits.

Wise move by the Royals pitcher. If there wasn't 2 outs I'd be tempted to put in a pinch runner out there for Paulie and than put Thome out in the field just because with a speedster out there, a gapper would give the club the lead.