DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 01:08 PM)
why not? To the Clinton's the caucuses dont count.

Nothing wrong at all -- that's politics. Make yourself look as strong as possible. He's doing a better job than the Clintons, who'd just tell us that that state doesn't matter anyway, what really matters is her winning Dem strongholds.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 02:15 PM)
Nothing wrong at all -- that's politics. Make yourself look as strong as possible. He's doing a better job than the Clintons, who'd just tell us that that state doesn't matter anyway, what really matters is her winning Dem strongholds.

Don't forget about Texas! She is going to carry the reddest state in the union!

The Tonya Harding Option.

"Her securing the nomination is certainly possible - but it will require exercising the 'Tonya Harding option.'" the official said. "Is that really what we Democrats want?"

The Tonya Harding Option -- the first time I've heard it put that way.

It implies that Clinton is so set on ensuring that Obama doesn't get the nomination, not only is she willing to take extra-ruthless steps, but in the end neither she nor Obama win the gold.

Not sure of what to make of this vague conversation involving Harry Reid:

Question: Do you still think the Democratic race can be resolved before the convention?

Reid: Easy.

Q: How is that?

Reid: It will be done.

Q: It just will?

Reid: Yep.

Q: Magically?

Reid: No, it will be done. I had a conversation with Governor Dean (Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean) today. Things are being done.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 05:20 PM)
Well now that is very, very interesting.

"I had a conversation with Governor Dean (Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean) today. Things are being done."

I propose an Obama/Edwards ticket with Hillary getting gov. of N.Y. to appease her need for power.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 04:01 PM)
Not sure of what to make of this vague conversation involving Harry Reid:

While I don't rule out for a second Obama winning this thing on his own, Reid might be talking about a superdelegate convention. Where the superdelegates vote before the convention, so the winner is known in advance.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 05:35 PM)
While I don't rule out for a second Obama winning this thing on his own, Reid might be talking about a superdelegate convention. Where the superdelegates vote before the convention, so the winner is known in advance.

That would seem like a good idea.

David Brooks on the ongoing struggle.

Last week, an important Clinton adviser told Jim VandeHei and Mike Allen (also of Politico) that Clinton had no more than a 10 percent chance of getting the nomination. Now, she’s probably down to a 5 percent chance.

Five percent.

For three more months, Clinton is likely to hurt Obama even more against McCain, without hurting him against herself. And all this is happening so she can preserve that 5 percent chance.

When you step back and think about it, she is amazing. She possesses the audacity of hopelessness.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Mar 25, 2008 -> 05:35 PM)

Ah yes, the Democrats standing for Democracy, except when it is their own party...

If they are going to whine about the electoral college ever again, they need to do away with the superdelegates. Period.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 07:10 AM)
Ah yes, the Democrats standing for Democracy, except when it is their own party...

If they are going to whine about the electoral college ever again, they need to do away with the superdelegates. Period.

Agreed.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 08:10 AM)

Absolutely. It's really undemocratic.

WOW! A list of all of Hillary's OTHER outright lies....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/...st_of_lies.html

Admitted Lies

• Chelsea was jogging around the Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. (She was in bed watching it on TV.)

• Hillary was named after Sir Edmund Hillary. (She admitted she was wrong. He climbed Mt. Everest five years after her birth.)

• She was under sniper fire in Bosnia. (A girl presented her with flowers at the foot of the ramp.)

• She learned in The Wall Street Journal how to make a killing in the futures market. (It didn't cover the market back then.)

Whoppers She Won't Confess To

• She didn't know about the FALN pardons.

• She didn't know that her brothers were being paid to get pardons that Clinton granted.

• Taking the White House gifts was a clerical error.

• She didn't know that her staff would fire the travel office staff after she told them to do so.

• She didn't know that the Peter Paul fundraiser in Hollywood in 2000 cost $700,000 more than she reported it had.

• She opposed NAFTA at the time.

• She was instrumental in the Irish peace process.

• She urged Bill to intervene in Rwanda.

• She played a role in the '90s economic recovery.

• The billing records showed up on their own.

• She thought Bill was innocent when the Monica scandal broke.

• She was always a Yankees fan.

• She had nothing to do with the New Square Hasidic pardons (after they voted for her 1,400-12 and she attended a meeting at the White House about the pardons).

• She negotiated for the release of refugees in Macedonia (who were released the day before she got there).

These salvo's between Clinton and Obama are John McCains wet dreams. A lot of the dirty works that the Republicians would usually be doing, are being done for the, and they don't even have to have their names attached to it. I still can't believe they have let this go on as long as it has.

Clinton corrects her memory then lies AGAIN while doing so...

After CBS News video showed what really happened when she landed and greeted officials, Senator Clinton maintained there were risks but explained to the Philadelphia Daily News why she was seen on the Bosnia tarmac greeting a young child if it was really so dangerous.

"I was also told that the greeting ceremony had been moved away from the tarmac but that there was this eight-year-old girl and I said, 'Well, I, I can't, I can't rush by her, I've got to at least greet her,'' Clinton said. "So I greeted her, I took her stuff and I left. Now that's my memory of it."

Once again her memory doesn't match CBS News videotape, Attkisson reports. She and her daughter Chelsea lingered on the tarmac to greet U.S. military officials, took photos, and then walked to the armored vehicle where she did, eventually, duck and enter.

Hillary's Scary Religious Affiliation - "The Family" (aka the Fellowship)

"...dramatically challenge conventional wisdom about American fundamentalism, revealing its crucial role in the unraveling of the New Deal, the waging of the Cold War, and the no-holds-barred economics of globalization. The question Sharlet believes we must ask is not "What do fundamentalists want?" but "What have they already done?"

The Family avoids the word Christian but worships Jesus, though not the Jesus who promised the earth to the "meek." They believe that, in mass societies, it's only the elites who matter, the political leaders who can build God's "dominion" on earth. Insofar as The Family has a consistent philosophy, it's all about power - cultivating it, building it and networking it together into ever-stronger units, or "cells."

:o :o :o :o :o