Alex Rodriguez on pace for 126 homers

Steve9347

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 12:40 PM)
Obviously pitching to ARod is working for the opponent considering the Yankees will soon be in last place. Maybe sacrificing a run or two by pitching to Alex puts you in a better position than putting him on and having Giambi or Cano knock in 3-4 runs.

Eh, they're still leading the league in runs, their pitching just blows.

Edited by Rowand44

The interesting thing about it is that he will have more fire power in the line up protecting him than say McGuire or Bonds did. He may see more pitches. I see him getting close to 60. On another note, theyre making such a big deal a bout it and the team isnt winning.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 12:20 PM)
Why the hell havent people started walking him yet?

Jason Giambi and his 155 OPS+ is waiting on deck this isn't exactly the same situation as Barry Bonds with some scrub hitting behind him or Albert Pujols last year being followed up by Jim Edmonds or an injured Scott Rolen. Alex is going to get a ton of protection in this lineup.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 12:27 PM)
Jason Giambi and his 155 OPS+ is waiting on deck this isn't exactly the same situation as Barry Bonds with some scrub hitting behind him or Albert Pujols last year being followed up by Jim Edmonds or an injured Scott Rolen. Alex is going to get a ton of protection in this lineup.

I dont give a damn. Giambi can strike out and hit into dp's A-rod just hits jacks. You have to walk him.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 12:36 PM)
I dont give a damn. Giambi can strike out and hit into dp's A-rod just hits jacks. You have to walk him.

Obviously pitching to ARod is working for the opponent considering the Yankees will soon be in last place. Maybe sacrificing a run or two by pitching to Alex puts you in a better position than putting him on and having Giambi or Cano knock in 3-4 runs.

He could put up unprecedented numbers if he stays hot all year. You simply can't pitch around him when you considering he has Abreu and Giambi protecting him, plus that lineup also has Jeter, Cano, Posada, Damon, etc. It's easy to say give him the Bonds treatment, but he doesn't have the Bonds lineup around him.

Even if he is at his "off" pace for the rest of the year he hits about 6 a month (based on his two worst years of his prime). That'd put him in the mid-40's at worst, and considering that teams probably won't pitch around him much and his obvious talent 50 looks like a virtual lock. He's cracked 50 twice, 45 another two times, and hit 42 in 129 games, so he's obviously got the talent to put up some serious numbers. Mid-50's is highly possible, after that who knows.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 11:15 PM)
Even if he is at his "off" pace for the rest of the year he hits about 6 a month (based on his two worst years of his prime). That'd put him in the mid-40's at worst, and considering that teams probably won't pitch around him much and his obvious talent 50 looks like a virtual lock. He's cracked 50 twice, 45 another two times, and hit 42 in 129 games, so he's obviously got the talent to put up some serious numbers. Mid-50's is highly possible, after that who knows.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 11:27 PM)
Obviously he's going to cool off however, this is ARod guys, it's not Chris Shelton. He's going to put up some crazy numbers this year.

Yeah I really don't get the pessimism (I guess that's what it is) in some of these predictions, Alex Rodriguez is one of the best players in the history of the game and probably the most talented player going right now. 45? he'll have 45 in August.

Even last year when Albert Pujols hit 14 in April and missed nearly an entire month with that oblique injury he still finished with 49.

QUOTE(Top Notch @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 11:38 PM)
Valid point. What are your expectations?

Honestly, I really don't know. I know it really doesn't answer your question but I'll just say that I believe his numbers are going to be incredible this year. Like Kalapse said, he's arguably the most talented player in the game and he's playing with a chip on his shoulder this year after all the crap he's taken the last few years. He's just awesome.