WHITE SOX WINNER!

StrangeSox

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 12:38 AM)
As far as I'm concerned it's about repeating last year's success offensively and people b****ed about all the HRs last year too.

I could care less if they hit 300 homers this year or 100, so long as they score runs.

My problem with the home run philosophy was that they were being impatient at the plate and thus not putting themselves in position to score runs at all. Recently it's been better, so I have no right to complain.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 01:51 AM)
Kinda crazy how the two tied for 3rd place teams in the central are now tied for 1st and the former two tied for 1st place teams are not in 3rd. All four teams separated by half a game still.

Out of the 4...only one is above .500 at home this year. All are above .500 on the road.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 05:34 AM)
WHO CARES?! Runs are runs, I'm sorry to single you out, but so many people here act like runs not scored by HRs count double or some bulls***. The offense relied on HRs last year and scored a s*** ton of runs, good for 3rd in the league (2 behind Cleveland for 2nd).

I agree. People seem to forget the fact the Sox slugged 200 HRs in '05 and won 3 games in the World Series via the HR. This Smallball thing is an absolute myth. If the pitching this yr is as rock solid as in '05 and doesn't collapse like in '06, this yr's team will be back in the playoffs!

QUOTE(SoCalSouthSider59 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 11:54 AM)
I'll take a Sox win anyway they come........ :sweep:

DCP_3641.jpg

:gosox2: :gosox1: :gosox3: in '07!

:drink

soxpride2.jpg

Damn...I wish i still had my Winnin' Ugly 3/4 sleeve shirt. Loved that thing!

Who coined that phrase btw....wasn't it Doug Radar?

QUOTE(Wanne @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 12:10 PM)
Damn...I wish i still had my Winnin' Ugly 3/4 sleeve shirt. Loved that thing!

Who coined that phrase btw....wasn't it Doug Radar?

I believe you are correct on Radar. I still have the exact same shirt tucked away in a chest somewhere. Too bad I was 9 years old and it no longer fits me.

I was reading some of the gamethread last night, and some of you guys were ridiculous...

Some very interesting things I read was that "Our bullpen sucks"; "AJP is the worst defensive catcher"; "Ozzie is a retard for taking out Dye and putting in Ozuna"; etc.

Massive overreactions last night. Now, that was a horrible game to say the least, but what do you expect? It was a horrible day for baseball, and it showed, and both teams looked like garbage.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 12:34 AM)
WHO CARES?! Runs are runs, I'm sorry to single you out, but so many people here act like runs not scored by HRs count double or some bulls***. The offense relied on HRs last year and scored a s*** ton of runs, good for 3rd in the league (2 behind Cleveland for 2nd).

This is what HR swing clubs get you. Dominated by a career 6+ ERA pitcher.