White Sox vs. Angels, 4/29/07 (L)

Heads22

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 03:33 PM)
I've never seen so many players have their velocity drops. The sooner this whole coaching staff is gone, the better.

How much longer will Jenks be given a pass on his 4 mph drop in velocity? Or Contreras, Garland, Thornton, Vazquez all receiving their share of drop-offs?

You'd never see anything like this in Minnesota. Hell, that tub of crap Boof Bonser actually GAINED velocity since last season. He's consistently pitching between 92-94.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 08:37 PM)
Punch yourself in the f***ing head Hawk.

Next time you are gonna play this heartless just f***ing stay home, offense.

GOOD APRIL? WHAT THE f*** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT HAWK

May will be better with Mackowiak and Sweeney or Cintron in the lineup every game.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)
what's been so tough about our schedule.

no games with BoSox.

no games with Yankees or blue Jays.

no trips to Minny.

May is just as tough to me.

Nothing. They are just making excuses for our offense that's all. With the pitching we had this past month, we should be at least 5-7 games over .500. But every pitcher we faced and lost too, was Cy Young!!!

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)
How much longer will Jenks be given a pass on his 4 mph drop in velocity? Or Contreras, Garland, Thornton, Vazquez all receiving their share of drop-offs?

You'd never see anything like this in Minnesota. Hell, that tub of crap Boof Bonser actually GAINED velocity since last season. He's consistently pitching between 92-94.

You forgot about Masset, who has lost the most velocity. I think you have to look at one man.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 08:57 PM)
You forgot about Masset, who has lost the most velocity. I think you have to look at one man.

How do we know he's lost velocity? Scouting reports on minor league players are usually 3 mph way too high. I never understood why we put so much stock into Arizona Fall Leagues/winter ball leagues this offseason.

Fathom was right last night. Wout Thome we are doomed.

We got no offense.

Can't score even at the Cell.

We look like a .500 team.

Signs are Thome will have injuries the rest of his career. He's at that age.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 04:06 PM)
How do we know he's lost velocity? Scouting reports on minor league players are usually 3 mph way too high. I never understood why we put so much stock into Arizona Fall Leagues/winter ball leagues this offseason.

Well the report I read had him at 97-98 in the pen, so even if the report was 3 mph off he should still be throwing93-96, not 89-90.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 04:39 PM)
Well the report I read had him at 97-98 in the pen, so even if the report was 3 mph off he should still be throwing93-96, not 89-90.

He's thrown 92-94 from the games I've seen -- with movement.

I'm more upset with Williams promising a relief arm in Masset who's a "notch" below Jenks. And I don't believe he was referring to current Bobby Jenks.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 05:39 PM)

Let's also remember that Masset is being used in a long relief type of role. That might mean that he has to take a little something off of his fastball to go an extra inning or two.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 05:34 PM)
Let's also remember that Masset is being used in a long relief type of role. That might mean that he has to take a little something off of his fastball to go an extra inning or two.

Which is why I don't like him in the long relief role.

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 07:28 PM)
I think Mark B. leads the league in giving back runs the next inning after his team has given him the lead.

That may be true, but Mark B. is not the reason we lost today... or yesterday... or...