trade for an outfielder

Bubba Philips

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 1, 2007 -> 01:34 AM)
Brady Clark already got traded and has a role on the Dodgers. He would have been too perfect for the White Sox, the exact same thing as Eduardo Perez.

IThere have been quite a few other good suggestions too in Emil Brown and Jacque Jones. However, one other name I'd be curious about is Kevin Mench. He seems to be getting quite a bit of playing time in Milwaukee right now, but I know going into the season he was pissed as hell about being put into a platoon role. If he still were - and it really doesn't look like it at all - he'd be interesting, but I'd really question his availability at the moment.

Brady Clark has batted 28 times this year. A role albeit not a big one.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(heirdog @ May 1, 2007 -> 11:56 AM)
Question: If BA was sent down at the end of spring training as opposed to breaking the season with the big club would that have been the last game he played with the organization?

Personally, I think/hope that either way, we haven't seen the last of BA in this organization...because if we have, then we're in real trouble the next few years when our vets start walking.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 1, 2007 -> 02:05 PM)
Personally, I think/hope that either way, we haven't seen the last of BA in this organization...because if we have, then we're in real trouble the next few years when our vets start walking.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Based on the current roster, I agree.

From Tim Brown's blog on Yahoo

Word out of Oakland is Beane is considering a roster rebuild if the A's don't look like contenders approaching the trading deadline, meaning the phone calls won't begin and end with Harden. There also could be bats to be had in veterans Mike Piazza and Milton Bradley and spare left arms in Alan Embree and Joe Kennedy, depending on how deep Beane is willing to go.

I know Bradley is a nutjob, but he would look real good in center field for us. He hasn't had any problems in Oakland yet either. Don't think Guillen would want him.

Edited by WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 1, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)
My fault, Left. Of course this would depend on who we would have to give up.

We will be fine. We are pitching well, are the worst hitting team in the AL and still went through the toughest month over .500. The offense will wake up, we have more than enough firepower to get us through the DL stints.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 1, 2007 -> 07:04 AM)
Usually it has to do with location, and proximity to the major league ballclub, and playing in a warm weather stadium. It's not a "demotion" or punishment, a number of major league pitchers in rehab this year have been throwing in the Florida State League and the California League. No biggie.

They're not going to send him to the Midwest League, for instance...although it's less of an issue now in May than it was in April.

As for Anderson going to LA, no way. They already have Willits and Murphy, as mentioned.

I guess that makes some sense but not much. If they are going to send your ass all the way down to A ball, why send you anywhere at all? May as well just go play catch with the local high school team.

At least at that point in your career

QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 2, 2007 -> 01:41 PM)
That is not a stand, that is Joe Crede, our rookie 3rd basemen with the loopy tennis swing.

The thing that has been really sad is that his usual stellar defense hasn't been there either. He has made some bad errors already this year.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 1, 2007 -> 03:15 PM)
We will be fine. We are pitching well, are the worst hitting team in the AL and still went through the toughest month over .500. The offense will wake up, we have more than enough firepower to get us through the DL stints.

Ken Harrelson, is that you?!

At this point I would rather just trade JD to the Dodgers for prospects. Send JD and BA for Ethier, Kemp, and DeJesus Jr. Then we will have corner outfielders for a while and will allow us to focus on either Sweeney or Ichiro in CF after this season. I think our production would still be at least at the level it has been now.

I want nothing to do with Baldelli, he plays in the field only half the time becuase he is such an injury risk. He is like Glass Joe on Mike Tysons punchout.

Freel would be OK, but the Reds just signed him to an extension.

I would like like to get Melky Cabrera from the Yanks and with their pitching situation we might be able to get him for Floyd or Logan.

QUOTE(IowaSoxFan @ May 3, 2007 -> 07:06 AM)
At this point I would rather just trade JD to the Dodgers for prospects. Send JD and BA for Ethier, Kemp, and DeJesus Jr. Then we will have corner outfielders for a while and will allow us to focus on either Sweeney or Ichiro in CF after this season. I think our production would still be at least at the level it has been now.

I would like like to get Melky Cabrera from the Yanks and with their pitching situation we might be able to get him for Floyd or Logan.

It's going to take JD seriously heating up to regain interest from a team like the Dodgers. And the Dodgers running into serious problems with their offense as well (which could be possible, as I sort of doubt Jeff Kent will hit .320 all year).

I'm not giving the Yankees Logan, but if they'd be interested in Floyd, that's actually something that might work. They'd probably take anyone who could give them innings right now.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 3, 2007 -> 10:40 AM)
It's going to take JD seriously heating up to regain interest from a team like the Dodgers. And the Dodgers running into serious problems with their offense as well (which could be possible, as I sort of doubt Jeff Kent will hit .320 all year).

I'm not giving the Yankees Logan, but if they'd be interested in Floyd, that's actually something that might work. They'd probably take anyone who could give them innings right now.

There are several teams looking for pitching. What we acquire is commensurate with who we trade. We might get Gload back from the Royals if they'd trade with us.