White Sox vs. Royals, 5/13/07 (L)

I love the fact that Dye and Iguchi are playing like they are in a contract year. Well, Dye to me seems just like he is struggling, but Iguchi looks as if he has degressed in every aspect of the game.

Any good 2B on the market?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 13, 2007 -> 08:56 PM)
I feel like I've said the same damn thing all season long. "If we can go five hundred on this road trip here... If we can go five hundred in this next stretch..." When the hell is this team going to make a that puts them above five hundred?

I don't want an answer to that question.

I just hate the Cubs so much, and to get swept by them would be terrible. Even going 1-2 there would be fine, as sad as that sounds.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 13, 2007 -> 08:57 PM)
I love the fact that Dye and Iguchi are playing like they are in a contract year. Well, Dye to me seems just like he is struggling, but Iguchi looks as if he has degressed in every aspect of the game.

2B is the easiest position to find a decent player at. If it's not Chase Utley (and Polanco is damn good also), then every 2B is similar.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 13, 2007 -> 08:57 PM)

Chris Burke

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 13, 2007 -> 03:56 PM)
I feel like I've said the same damn thing all season long. "If we can go five hundred on this road trip here... If we can go five hundred in this next stretch..." When the hell is this team going to make a that puts them above five hundred?

I am waiting for some more brilliant non-baseball quotes by the hitting coach after the game. It was weather, its depression, its pressing, its the wind, a fart by a girl in the first row. We will see some more press on how hard Walk works. Then we will see some more quotes about how we would be absolutely foolish if we got rid of the best hitting coach in baseball.

IF I see one quote, one quote about him working to get Sweeney more power and then KW needs to be fired. You have the first line drive contact guy in years, and if the lift and pull king has his way, he will hit about 235 and hit some homers.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ May 13, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
burke just got sent to the minors.

blocked in Houston by biggio.

think he could be a good young infielder.

They want him to become a CF for next year. I don't think they'll trade him.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 13, 2007 -> 02:56 PM)

this team is over .500

reading this thread is really depressing. this team is winning series despite its offensive woes, so obviously the sky isn't falling

I just can't understand so much negativity when the team has a single bad loss after four straight wins

QUOTE(fathom @ May 13, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
They want him to become a CF for next year. I don't think they'll trade him.

nope.

they wanted him to be CF this year. Gave him the job. He didn't hit.

replaced him with Hunter Pence, who is their CF of future.

Burke will play second there next season after Biggio gets 3000 hits and retired.

but he blasted the team when he got sent down Friday.

might be available.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 13, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
this team is over .500

reading this thread is really depressing. this team is winning series despite its offensive woes, so obviously the sky isn't falling

I just can't understand so much negativity when the team has a single bad loss after four straight wins

Well, if our starting pitching can have an ERA around 3 all season, there will be a lot of us eating crow. It doesn't matter though....we're barely over .500, and there's two terrific teams in our division. We have to play significantly better than .500 ball in order to have a chance to make the playoffs.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 13, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
this team is over .500

have you actually WATCHED this game?

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ May 13, 2007 -> 09:04 PM)
nope.

they wanted him to be CF this year. Gave him the job. He didn't hit.

replaced him with Hunter Pence, who is their CF of future.

Burke will play second there next season after Biggio gets 3000 hits and retired.

but he blasted the team when he got sent down Friday.

might be available.

I was watching Ken Rosenthal yesterday, and he said the whole CF stuff and that he was the leader in the clubhouse.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 13, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)
Well, if our starting pitching can have an ERA around 3 all season, there will be a lot of us eating crow. It doesn't matter though....we're barely over .500, and there's two terrific teams in our division. We have to play significantly better than .500 ball in order to have a chance to make the playoffs.

in my opinion, we never had a shot to go to the playoffs this season with the offseason moves that were made, so maybe that contributes to my current optimism. The division is too tough and we didn't improve enough. However, I do think now we have a chance to stay in the race most of the season and it will be at least exciting this year. I figured we might be 8-9 games back at this point and a couple games under.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 13, 2007 -> 09:06 PM)
in my opinion, we never had a shot to go to the playoffs this season with the offseason moves that were made, so maybe that contributes to my current optimism. The division is too tough and we didn't improve enough. However, I do think now we have a chance to stay in the race most of the season and it will be at least exciting this year. I figured we might be 8-9 games back at this point and a couple games under.

Fair enough, I was confused at first, cause I always thought you were pessimistic with things.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ May 13, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)
have you actually WATCHED this game?

Actually, no, I just got back in town a few minutes ago and saw the score

but I've seen plenty of bad games that the white sox have played over the years and every once in a while they are going to have a game where nothing goes right

Just got home from the game. This game was over first when the line-up was made. Second when he didn't pull Vazquez after hitting German. He has to manage to win every game I'm sorry especially against the teams you have to beat.

This week could get really ugly. I would pass on the rehab assignments and activate Hall and Thome. There is no reason not to, they could look no worse.

why is everyone so down. we've won 6 out of our last 9 games, with a bad offense. just think when our offense heats up (if it does anyway)

and stop saying this week is going to suck. the yanks have no pitching, and when they do pitch, they score 1 or 2 runs. and the cubs, in 2005-2006 we have won 4 out of 6 games vs them, and they suck. their very inconsistent. people say their playing well- well yea i hope so, in the past 12 games, they have played the pirates or nationals 9 times. we will win 2 out of 3 vs the yankees and cubs. period.