Is Joe Crede still better than A-Rod?

santo=dorf

Thank God we did not sign this one year wonder (which was still about average for a third baseman last year) to a multi year deal. He's batting .200 and slugging .285. Is it really much of a stretch to think Fields could give us 5 extra base hits in a month and a half? Last year he had 3 in 20 at-bats.

Any chance we can package Crede and some minor league bullpen arms (Dewon Day) for Griffey?

Padres look like they still need a third baseman too.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 17, 2007 -> 11:21 AM)
I didn't realize bad backs were contagious. The entire team seems to be affected.

Actually:

Konerko - Hip (Always)

Dye - Leg / Back (4/25)

Iguchi - Sprained Finger (4/08)

Crede - Back (Always)

Pods - Groin (Always)

Thome - Ribs (4/25)

Hall - Labrum (3/26)

Cintron - Elbow (2/27)

Mackowiak - Abdominal Strain (4/25)

Anderson - Broken Heart (4/29)

Floyd - Hurt Feelings (3/28)

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 17, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)
Can we also talk about never signing PK to his deal as well? What about locking up Pierzynski? How about Dye?

Crede's definitely better than A-Rod defensively, but I don't think anyone said he's better than A-Rod, therefore making this thread pretty damn useless.

Hawk?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 17, 2007 -> 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can we also talk about never signing PK to his deal as well? What about locking up Pierzynski? How about Dye?

Crede's definitely better than A-Rod defensively, but I don't think anyone said he's better than A-Rod, therefore making this thread pretty damn useless.

Hawk along with a few random posters here and at WSI made claims that he was a better third baseman than A-rod.

PK earned his money last year, and AJ's deal is not worth anywhere near what people were willing to give Crede.

I'll just file your post in the useless department.

:hawk:

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 18, 2007 -> 12:12 AM)
Thank God we did not sign this one year wonder (which was still about average for a third baseman last year) to a multi year deal. He's batting .200 and slugging .285. Is it really much of a stretch to think Fields could give us 5 extra base hits in a month and a half? Last year he had 3 in 20 at-bats.

Any chance we can package Crede and some minor league bullpen arms (Dewon Day) for Griffey?

Padres look like they still need a third baseman too.

It's actually almost 2. Remember Crede would have had a standout year in 2005, if not for those subpar 2 months he had, he produced very well the other 4.

I don't think there's any doubt he's going to be dealt in the off-season. The Sox may regret not trading him in the last off-season when his value was pretty high, but they're probably hoping Crede can get all clutch again towards the end of the season.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 17, 2007 -> 09:12 AM)

I wouldn't mind that deal the more I think about it. The only question I would then have is who plays 3b? In the hypothetical, I suppose you would call up Fields to start at 3b, then send Sweeney to AAA to start every day. Sending Sweeney down would become necessary as you need a position for Griffey (LF) as Thome occupies DH (pending he's healthy the rest of the year). It could produce this regular lineup:

Erstad (CF)

Iguchi (2B)

Thome (DH)

Dye (RF)

Griffey (LF)

Konerko (1B)

Uribe (SS)

Pierzynski (C )

Fields (3B)

Not necessarily advocating that, but it was worth throwing the idea around.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 17, 2007 -> 02:43 PM)
Hawk along with a few random posters here and at WSI made claims that he was a better third baseman than A-rod.

PK earned his money last year, and AJ's deal is not worth anywhere near what people were willing to give Crede.

I'll just file your post in the useless department.

:hawk:

So are we going to post threads about Hawk in here? If you haven't noticed, the guy is a homer who says alot of stupid ass things. None of which should be taken seriously. What they say on WSI, should stay over there. They're entitled to their (retarded) opinions.

For those who have said that here, well they belong on WSI as well. Though I can't think of anyone who has said A-Rod isn't as good as Crede.