Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 30, 2007 -> 08:15 AM)
So I got some good Halo action in tonight. We had two xbox's linked up and god damn is Halo 3 awesome. THan went into some NHL 08 and its even better than ever. Not quite as arcadey as 07 (which was such a fun game) but the CPU is just so much smarter which allows better puck possession.

If you're on Live, let's play some time.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just bought MLB Power Pros for the Wii, and I am absolutely loving it. It reminds me of the good ol' days of RBI, Baseball Stars, Griffey, etc. The game is actually pretty deep too (10 season franchise, create a franchise, star mode, etc.). It even has some neat RPG elements. If you are the type who loves the old 16/8bit nintendo games, I recommend checking it out. Just turn of the commentary...it's terrible.

QUOTE(pierard @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 04:27 PM)
I just bought MLB Power Pros for the Wii, and I am absolutely loving it. It reminds me of the good ol' days of RBI, Baseball Stars, Griffey, etc. The game is actually pretty deep too (10 season franchise, create a franchise, star mode, etc.). It even has some neat RPG elements. If you are the type who loves the old 16/8bit nintendo games, I recommend checking it out. Just turn of the commentary...it's terrible.

Is that different than The Bigs???

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 05:40 PM)
Is that different than The Bigs???

Yeah. It has been a Japenese series for 14 years (I think), and this is the first year they used MLB players. It plays a lot like the 8/16bit games (and looks like it too). It looks goofy, but it really is a lot of fun. You can get it for 29.99 for the PS2.

Here is the link to the gamespot page: http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/jikkyou...=result;title;0

I got NBA Live for PS3. Its ok but its not as good as I was hoping it would be. I havent gone online with it yet though. I also was a little perturbed with Noah being about 5 points higher than TT.

Also, Im contemplating using the Pats for online Madden play. Anybody used them online?

QUOTE(BearSox @ Oct 6, 2007 -> 08:19 PM)
I've been sucking big time in madden lately... record 24-23... I used to be 10+ games above .500 too :(

I jumped back online after taking a break and Im 2-1 on the day. I quit for the first time because I was playing a guy who was onside kicking every chance he got and always went for it on 4th down. My names Drunkbomber on there, I dont know if theres a way to search but if youre online try to find me and we can play.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Oct 6, 2007 -> 08:41 PM)
I jumped back online after taking a break and Im 2-1 on the day. I quit for the first time because I was playing a guy who was onside kicking every chance he got and always went for it on 4th down. My names Drunkbomber on there, I dont know if theres a way to search but if youre online try to find me and we can play.

I'll send you a friend request through ps3 and whenever we are both online we could meat in one of the lobbies... I'm MPB on ps3 by the way.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 6, 2007 -> 02:32 PM)
It's getting some spectacular reviews for once. Their saying it's finally better than Winning Eleven.

s***, I loved playing last years game (I only had the demo, but friends had the game and we'd play it all the time). Is Winning Eleven some other soccre game?

Hopefully the good reviews are an indication that this years game is even better.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 8, 2007 -> 03:12 PM)
s***, I loved playing last years game (I only had the demo, but friends had the game and we'd play it all the time). Is Winning Eleven some other soccre game?

Hopefully the good reviews are an indication that this years game is even better.

Winning Eleven's also called Pro Evolution Soccer. It's made by Konami, and their games have certainly been better than FIFA over the past 5 or so years, presentation wise and the controls. But it sounds like FIFA has certainly begun to catch up based on this year's effort.

The main thing I've heard about FIFA are the skills you can do with the analog sticks now, so if you were controlling say Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney etc. you can do all of those fancy dribbles, fakes etc.

They've also made a susperstar mode, where you only control 1 player in a team. So say if you were a Central Defender it would be quite boring, but apparently it's not. 1st time they've ever done that in a soccer game I think.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 7, 2007 -> 10:52 PM)
The new Zelda is excellent.

Does it pick up after the Windwaker storyline? I didnt know if they kept the storyline continuous since the character design and cell shading art used was the same as Windwaker.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 11, 2007 -> 02:49 PM)
Does it pick up after the Windwaker storyline? I didnt know if they kept the storyline continuous since the character design and cell shading art used was the same as Windwaker.

Yeah it does. It's the first direct sequel for Zelda.

QUOTE(pierard @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 07:03 PM)
QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 5, 2007 -> 05:40 PM) Is that different than The Bigs???

Yeah. It has been a Japenese series for 14 years (I think), and this is the first year they used MLB players. It plays a lot like the 8/16bit games (and looks like it too). It looks goofy, but it really is a lot of fun. You can get it for 29.99 for the PS2.

Here is the link to the gamespot page: http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/jikkyou...=result;title;0

THANKS!!! that actually looks like the one I will get! Looks more fun than The Bigs does!

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 01:05 PM)
So I have been playing Halo 3 on Xbox live with no problems but I can't join my friends parties. Anyone have any ideas?

Using a wireless router? Check your port configuration. Do a system check on the 360 Live menu, see what level of security it is set at. If it comes up "Strict" or anything other than "Open", you need to go in and tell your router that you allow connections through the 2 ports the 360 is using.