Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Team Fortress 2 of the Half-Life Orange Box- Not a fan, but it seems everyone else is. I guess I've played WAY too much TFC over the last 9 years.

Oh and EGM 221 for anyone who cares:

Saints Row 2. That's the cover. How lame.

Anyway, scores:

MP 3 (Wii): 9 (Mark), 8.5 (Shane), 8.5 (Jeremy)-Game of the Month (Tie)

Mercury Revolution Meltdown(Wii)- 8 (Nick), 6 (A. Fitch), 7.5 (Jenn Frank)

NBA Live 08(Ps3/360): 6.5 (Bryan), 6.5 (Todd), 7.5 (Garnett)

Stranglehold(360 reviewed)- 7.5 (Joe), 8 (Matt), 7.5 (G. Ford)

NHL 2k8 (Also reviewed on 360):4 (Bryan), 5 (Demian), 6 (G. Sewart)

Fifa 08(PS3/360): 9 (Todd), 9 (John), 8 (Andrew P.)-Game of the Month (Tie)

Skate (PS3/360): 9 (Nick), 8 (Jennifer), 6.5 (Todd)

Flatout: Ultimate Carnage (360): 9 (Greg Sewart), 8 (John), 7.5 (Gord)

Looney Tunes: Duck Amuck (DS): 8 (Michael), 6 (Nick), 8 (John)

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS): 8 (Milky), 9 (Jeremy), 9 (Shane)-Game of the Month (Tie)

FF Tactics: The Lion War (PSP): 8.5 (Jeremy), 8.5 (Milky), 8 (Shoe)

Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (PSP): 8 (A. Fitch), 8 (Brooks), 6.5 (Nick)

Castlevania: The dracula X Chronicles (PSP): 8 (Jeremy), 9 (Shane), 8 (Mark)

Star Wars Battlefront-Renegade Squadron(PSP)- 6 (Shoe), 7 (Skip), 6 (Michael)

Hot PXL (PSP)- 5.5 (Nick), 5.5 (Shane), 6 (Jennifer)

Wrap Up-

R&C: Tools of Destruction-taking a step back to make a huge step forward

Tony Hawk Whatever- Better than Skate

HL 2 Orange Box-basically say it's perfect

Victorious Boxers Revolution on Wii- wii still needs a good ring king

Dewy's Adventure- mixed feelings

Beautiful Katamari-should be an XBLA game

Folklore-not triple A, but good

NBA 2k8-looking awesome

Juiced 2: pretty good with new stuff added

Soul Nomad and the World Eaters (PSP)-hardcore strategists only

Phoenix Wright 3- confusing if you haven't played the others, but still fun

Front mission 1st-a lot of fun

Rumors: viva pinata party on wii

Goty version of bioshock on 360 with stuff that was gonna be in the nixed ps3 version

ogre battle team to work on a wii strategy game

Obsidian working on a CIA game

Next issue: a lot of the reviews from wrap up as well as a big action blow out starring ninja gaiden.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

So im contemplating upgrading to the xbox 360 from my original xbox. I do not game very much, but I am interested in moving forward with the purchase. I notice that I basically have 2 options, the premium and the elite version. Which one would work for me? Im leaning towards the premium because its cheap, and I do not think I have that much need for the 120 gig hd. Your thoughts?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 09:07 PM)
So im contemplating upgrading to the xbox 360 from my original xbox. I do not game very much, but I am interested in moving forward with the purchase. I notice that I basically have 2 options, the premium and the elite version. Which one would work for me? Im leaning towards the premium because its cheap, and I do not think I have that much need for the 120 gig hd. Your thoughts?

I'd say the premium is in your best interests.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 01:07 PM)

The Premium is fine. Especially because the elite's main benefit is the HDMI and larger hard drive and while HDMI would be cool because than you could utilize the 1080P option (if your TV has 1080P) the difference in minimal. In fact, if you wait about a month you should be able to buy the cheaper version with the HDMI (as all new Xbox360's will come with HDMI).

The elite, imo, is a rip unless you want to download just a ton of stuff (if they had a wireless adapater included with it than it wouldn't be a rip).

I should point out, depending on the type of TV you have, you can get the 1080P through the component connection (its just most HD tv's component ports do no support 1080P). Either way I think as long as you play some games from time to time (even if its just once in a great while) you really will enjoy the all around upgrade of the 360 compared with the regular.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 07:09 PM)
Gamespot gave Halo 3 a 9.5 out of 10. I'm not a big Halo guy, but sounds pretty fun.

It IS fun Tony, take it from a first time Halo player. I enjoyed it thoroughly, solo campaign was a bit short, but online is going to be great with Halo

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 08:52 PM)
It IS fun Tony, take it from a first time Halo player. I enjoyed it thoroughly, solo campaign was a bit short, but online is going to be great with Halo

All I'm hearing are good things. I've never played any of the original games but can't resist buying this one, I'm going to wait until the initial madness ends and wait about a week before I pick up a copy.

Edited by TheOcho

I only played part of the first level (maybe played the game for 15 minutes) but the graphics are awesome. Haven't ventured into online play as my xbox live kept saying I needed to download an update and when I tried to download it it would say I couldn't connect to xbox live (even though when I ran my test connection it would connect fine and than again pop up and say download an update).

I assume the server was just bogged down or something.

MLB the show-7/10

NBA 2k7-7/10

Enchanted Arms-2/10

NASCAR-5/10

DiRT-8/10

Lair-8/10

Oblivion-10/10

Heavenly Sword-8/10

Resistance-7/10

Finally got to Heavenly Sword...short game, but that's it's only downfall....8/10

And I forgot I owned Resistance. 7/10 for that. Not big into FPS.

I finally cracked and got a 360. I bought Halo and am a first time player. I'm enjoying it so far. But I think Resistance for the PS3 is a better online format (though they're almost the same.) Unless I'm missing something, I can't jump into the middle of a Halo game like I can Resistance and I can't modify the wepon, timer, and weapon damage. So far I'm getting owned in ranked online matches, but own everyone in the unranked games. I just hope CTF takes off in Halo like it did Resistance. I love me a CTF game.

Oh, and the game looks great--better than Resistance. Overall I'd give it an 8.5/10.

So I got some good Halo action in tonight. We had two xbox's linked up and god damn is Halo 3 awesome. THan went into some NHL 08 and its even better than ever. Not quite as arcadey as 07 (which was such a fun game) but the CPU is just so much smarter which allows better puck possession.

It is like impossible to score though (which is the opposite of last years game).