Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 10:56 PM)
The NBA Elite demo was SO bad that they've delayed the game indefinitely with rumors that there will not be a 2011 version of the game. Awesome start for the new branding.

And deservedly so. one of the worst game demos i've ever played. They lost a loyal customer in me with this. NBA 2k11 it is.

No surprise, NHL 11 is awesome. One complaint I have had in recent years is their blatant disregard of accurate rosters. They also have yet to release a roster update. Luckily, I found a site that does caps and updated rosters with minors, so I can actually go really deep with a Hawks franchise and get my Kyle Beach action on.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 09:02 AM)
No surprise, NHL 11 is awesome. One complaint I have had in recent years is their blatant disregard of accurate rosters. They also have yet to release a roster update. Luckily, I found a site that does caps and updated rosters with minors, so I can actually go really deep with a Hawks franchise and get my Kyle Beach action on.

I'm fairly addicted to the HUT mode, just playing single player it's fun.

The new passing definitely takes some getting used to but I think the game is a definite upgrade as well.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 11:24 AM)
The new passing definitely takes some getting used to but I think the game is a definite upgrade as well.

yeah very good addition. Definitely a lot tougher to get the puck out of your own zone when you don't have that extra millisecond to hold the pass button down.

i thought the rosters were O.K. except for the minors.. not anything that would make you not want to play someone online. as long as Turco was on the Hawks, and all our MVPs were on the Thrashers, i was satisfied :lolhitting

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 11:06 PM)
i thought the rosters were O.K. except for the minors.. not anything that would make you not want to play someone online. as long as Turco was on the Hawks, and all our MVPs were on the Thrashers, i was satisfied :lolhitting

niemi is still on the hawks....

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 06:38 PM)
not true, all u gota do is attempt an online match and it will tell you your rosters are out of date and update them for you. niemi wasnt even on the hawks on the release day update that EA put out.

really? I tried to do that the other day and it said that there were no roster updates available. Granted, I don't have the full Xbox Live service, but I've always been able to get new rosters.

QUOTE (SnB @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 09:32 AM)
really? I tried to do that the other day and it said that there were no roster updates available. Granted, I don't have the full Xbox Live service, but I've always been able to get new rosters.

yeah man.. if i recall correctly theres been about 4 roster updates since the game was released. the thing is it wont save the rosters to your hard drive for some reason.. so once you DL the rosters u have to manually save them afterwards.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 09:59 PM)
IGN has the first review of NBA 2k11: they gave it a 9.5 and called it "the best sports game of its generation". If this keeps up I'm gonna be forced to buy my first basketball game in a while.

thats an amazing score for any game on IGN not to mention a sports game! looks like im gona have to pre order this puppy

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 08:49 PM)
oh and dead rising 2 is quite entertaining btw :chair nothin better than smashing random zombies

That's why Left 4 Dead and L4D2 won't get old. Killing zombies is always a blast.

I'm so glad that I bought Dead Rising 2 as well. Has anybody found the broad sword yet? That one is fun to use. I've gotten the combo cards for the baseball bat with nails, the MMA gloves with nails and the paddle saw. It's also pretty funny to kill zombies in a dress. By the way, if you go to this one store on the strip, you can get a

bright colored dildo

to use as a a weapon. You can load up on shot guns, sniper rifles and the moose head at this gun store in the third mall you can go to.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Oct 2, 2010 -> 09:59 AM)
I'm so glad that I bought Dead Rising 2 as well. Has anybody found the broad sword yet? That one is fun to use. I've gotten the combo cards for the baseball bat with nails, the MMA gloves with nails and the paddle saw. It's also pretty funny to kill zombies in a dress. By the way, if you go to this one store on the strip, you can get a

bright colored dildo

to use as a a weapon. You can load up on shot guns, sniper rifles and the moose head at this gun store in the third mall you can go to.

the lasersword (basically a lightsaber) is my favorite weapon of destruction by far :)