Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 14, 2007 -> 07:05 PM)
Uncharted, which comes out next week, just got a 9.1 from IGN which is telling since IGN is typically harsh (aka biased) against the PS3. Uncharted is getting reviews basically saying it is one of, if not the best PS3 game yet.

Also, for those who care, the original PS3 review of AC which criticized the FPS and screen tearing has been edited with that section removed. Bascially the reviewer lied to justify giving the 360 version a higher score and someone called them on it.

Yeah I don't know why the 360 one would be better. AC PS3 was the lead if you could say there was one, so I don't know how it would end up being worse.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 14, 2007 -> 12:05 PM)
Uncharted, which comes out next week, just got a 9.1 from IGN which is telling since IGN is typically harsh (aka biased) against the PS3. Uncharted is getting reviews basically saying it is one of, if not the best PS3 game yet.

Also, for those who care, the original PS3 review of AC which criticized the FPS and screen tearing has been edited with that section removed. Bascially the reviewer lied to justify giving the 360 version a higher score and someone called them on it.

Nice... I know I will love this game. I have already played the demo about 10 times. And, Hard mode is actually hard.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Nov 13, 2007 -> 10:21 PM)
dude, you gotta do some more of your own research before you walk into a gamestop (which by the way only care about money) and pretty much buy whatever the clerk recommends.

The two best game websites are probably www.gamestop.com and ww.ign.com. Go to those websites and look at their reviews, and go to their forums and read people who have played the game's thoughts, and even ask any questions of your own.

Hell, subscribe to a magazine. I get Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM). That is probably the best gaming mag. out there. PSM (playstation mag.) wasn't that bad when I subscribed to it, but try and stay away from magazines that focus on one system as there is likely at least some bias. Ironically, EGM seems a bit biased against the PS3, but I don't think they are that bad at all. Plus, most games now are multi-platform and any game that is on xbox360 or PS3 is pretty much the same game.

Well, I know what games are rated high and I actually went to see if they had Cod4, which I doubt I would like anyway, I actually also check in here a lot to see whats good. Cod4 was out of stock and I wanted something to keep me from getting burned out from Madden and NCAA.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/071115b.php

Vivendi Games and Sony Pictures plan to turn the "Ghostbusters" films into a video game franchise reports Variety.

All four original actors - Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Bill Murray and Harold Ramis - will be giving voice and likeness rights for the game, as have supporting actors like William Atherton, Brian Doyle Murray and Annie Potts.

Scribes Aykroyd and Ramis will also pen a story for the dgame that takes place in the early '90s, after "Ghostbusters II," during a new ghoul invasion of New York City.

This also marks the first major video game deal for one of its library titles that Sony Pictures has made. A Fall 2008 release is being targeted by Vivendi's Sierra label.

Cool!!!!!

I'm just glad you didn't say "Ghoul!!!!".

Anyways, is anyone else continually dissapointed with the college basketball games each year? It seems they constantly lag behind the other sports games around for whatever reasons. They don't even seem to be close to their NBA counterparts like NCAA Football and Madden.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 15, 2007 -> 07:48 PM)

Anyways, is anyone else continually dissapointed with the college basketball games each year? It seems they constantly lag behind the other sports games around for whatever reasons. They don't even seem to be close to their NBA counterparts like NCAA Football and Madden.

I love the college hoops 2k games.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 15, 2007 -> 07:48 PM)

I always am, mainly because its so obvious that it's just a "port" of the nba series. Sure they add a "6th man" feature or recruiting or something, but the graphics and gameplay always seem a year or two old. Especially the graphics. My NBA 2k7 for the ps3 looked better than the College 2k8.

Has anyone heard of Tom Clancy's End War?

From IGN:

From 2011 to 2014, the world enjoyed an unprecedented era of peace as enhanced defense technology eliminated the threat of nuclear war. It didn't last.

By 2020, constant depletion of resources has international tensions at a breaking point. One spark will ignite what no one thought could ever happen ... a third and final world war. World War III comes to life in Tom Clancy's EndWar.

In EndWar players represent one of three national armies (U.S. Russia or Europe) and participate in massive multiplayer battles. EndWar can be played almost entirely by voice command and also features a customizable army, as well as the ability to fight in various battlefields and cities around the world.

I've read that online battles can take up to MONTHS to finish.

Playing a season of NCAA Football on Heisman, I'm 10-0. I'm getting good. Winning games like 10-7, 17-10, etc.

Yeah, it's ridiculously hard on Heisman. I was playing #1 Texas A&M at A&M and had them down 41-17 and eventually barely hung on to win 41-34 stopping them on 4th down with 3 seconds to go.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Nov 17, 2007 -> 09:52 AM)
thats garbage... Zelda: Ocarina of Time is by far the best game of all time.

I don't even think it's the best game in the series. That list of top 10 rated games is b.s. to begin with. I mean, The Orange Box is in there.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Nov 13, 2007 -> 11:33 PM)
Rent it first. I bought it today, it's garbage, IMO. The "tutorial" is about an hour and a half long, and once you get into the action, you have to a bunch of "investigations" which are mundane and don't require any skill what-so-ever from the gamer (unless following an arrow on the map is considered skill) before you actually get to assassinate anyone.

If you've read the IGN.com reviews, you probably know about the second character in the game. The second character is totally worthless and just a waste of time. That second character is also a pansy-ass-pretty-boy. I don't think I mentioned yet that the dialogue and writing in the game is bad. It also seems there is more storytelling than actual game playing.

It's a P.O.S. game, if you ask me. I can't wait until Mass Effect comes out next Tuesday, because Assassin's Creed is going back to Gamestop.

The more you play the game the harder the AI gets, so it does take skill later in the game, especially in fights and pursuits...I sorta agree about the second character...that could be done so much better but isn't. But i think the story and dialog for the main character is pretty interesting and well done. Graphics are excellent, and I think the controls are perfect and easy to handle. Sound/music is great in the game. I agree with ign about the game being repetitive leading up to each assassination. Overall 8.8/10....the repetitiveness keeps it from a 9.