Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 12:55 PM)
Worst decision I've ever made... I bought this while trying to go to law school. The game is the best thing I've ever laid my hands on!

I had about 60 hours into Oblivion (Bethesda's previous game that uses the same engine) and had barely touched the main quest. It was seriously addicting.

The same sort of thing is happening to me with this game. Even if I only have 10 or 15 minutes to kill before I have to leave, I'll take the chance to play.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 12:56 PM)
I had about 60 hours into Oblivion (Bethesda's previous game that uses the same engine) and had barely touched the main quest. It was seriously addicting.

The same sort of thing is happening to me with this game. Even if I only have 10 or 15 minutes to kill before I have to leave, I'll take the chance to play.

I was humming "bongo,bongo,bongo, I dont wanna leave the congo, no, no, no, no.... whatever free time I have (not much) I've found myself scouring the wastelands looking for 10 mole rats to kill with my repellant stick, its sad really.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 01:24 PM)
for someone who couldn't get into oblivion, is fallout 3 worth picking up? I hear that even if you aren't into the main story element that it's still a decent FPS.

I would say no.

Its BARELY a FPS, the best part of the game is the ability to explore a gigantic map, build a character, and finish subquests.

The FPS system is not great, and most of the attacking you do is in a turn-based-system.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 01:24 PM)
for someone who couldn't get into oblivion, is fallout 3 worth picking up? I hear that even if you aren't into the main story element that it's still a decent FPS.

From IGN.

This sequel is the first made by Bethesda, the developers responsible for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. You don't need to play any of their past games or any previous Fallout games to enjoy this one.

What a great review it got, I might have to rent this bad boy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 01:49 PM)
From IGN.

What a great review it got, I might have to rent this bad boy.

This is one game you actually want to buy... there is a ton of replay value, you can spend hours just walking around, f***ing up ghouls.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 07:50 PM)
If R1 was any indication, it will be the greatest game ever. Too bad my PS3 is still broke after all these months.

Basically, both gamespot and ign both said it was better than R1, and the multiplayer is a whole lot funner.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 08:02 PM)
Basically, both gamespot and ign both said it was better than R1, and the multiplayer is a whole lot funner.

The game is pretty badass, the one thing that pissed me off is no campaign co-op. To me the funnest part of Resistance 1 was co-op and now all they have are a few missions you can do. Besides that, its a pretty fun game. After playing both though... Gears of War 2 is better.

Call of Duty: World at War is DISGUSTINGLY sick

Oh man, I played from 830 pm till 500 am

The story mode is fun, the online play is great and is just as good as Call of Duty 4 was, and the ZOMBIE mode is the funnest thing I have ever played..

This is a great game

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 12, 2008 -> 09:27 AM)
Ah thanks. So steer clear of the 40gb?

Depends on how techie you are. It is really easy to upgrade the hard drive on these things (I think it is even in the manual). I currently have a 40 GB with the thought in mind that I would upgrade it if I ran out of space. I've only had my PS3 for a few months and don't think I am anywhere near the 40 GB, but I haven't downloaded a bunch of stuff on to it.

You just basically need any notebook hard drive and you can throw it in there. Right now you can get a 320GB hard drive off of NewEgg for $75.