Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dammit, there is always a guy who guesses the exact bid on The Price is Right. I guess me and Heads will have to wait until next turn.

COME ON DOWN!!!!

Has anyone played (and hopefully beaten) Spiderman Web of Shadows? Im stuck trying to find something and I cant find a walkthrough worth sh*t online. IGN has a very basic walkthrough, and last I checked GAMEFAQS.com has no walkthroughs

QUOTE (rangercal @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 01:48 PM)
LOL! good 4 u . That's awesome!

Considering I kept the HDMI cable, the charger, the two battery packs, the extra controller, and the two games, hell yeah. Already sold the controller on eBay for 25 (used that to get Super Mario Galaxy), expect around 90 total for the two games, and about 20 for the charger/battery packs and another 20 for the official microsoft hdmi cable.

That should allow me to get the Wii ($250), Mario Kar, and another controller. Nice little start to the family fun station.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 01:53 PM)
Considering I kept the HDMI cable, the charger, the two battery packs, the extra controller, and the two games, hell yeah. Already sold the controller on eBay for 25 (used that to get Super Mario Galaxy), expect around 90 total for the two games, and about 20 for the charger/battery packs and another 20 for the official microsoft hdmi cable.

That should allow me to get the Wii ($250), Mario Kar, and another controller. Nice little start to the family fun station.

You gonna try and get a Wii bundle on Ebay or something? Or are you going to buy it at a store and get the warranty and such?

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 02:04 PM)
You gonna try and get a Wii bundle on Ebay or something? Or are you going to buy it at a store and get the warranty and such?

The Gamestop by me has new Wii's in right now (or used for $199 and you can buy a 1 year warranty for 19.99, but then you don't get wii sports, so I'll go new so I get that too).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 09:34 AM)
The Wii is the s***. I can't put Mario Kart down, and Mario Galaxy will arrive in the mail today. The wife is even playing, which is nice to see, because that was half the reason I sold the seXBOX 360.

Super Mario Galaxy will suck you in. The only thing i can say is that the gravity is gonna mess with you.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 10:10 AM)
Super Mario Galaxy will suck you in. The only thing i can say is that the gravity is gonna mess with you.

All I had to see was that 9.7 next to the game on IGN to know it will be great. I remember how much I loved Super Mario 64, and it looks like this is that game on steroids. The Wii takes you back to that time when video games were just fun... it wasn't about racking up kill counts or touchdowns... it was about winning a goofy race, setting a new time trial record, and shooting your friends with turtle shells.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 10:25 AM)
All I had to see was that 9.7 next to the game on IGN to know it will be great. I remember how much I loved Super Mario 64, and it looks like this is that game on steroids. The Wii takes you back to that time when video games were just fun... it wasn't about racking up kill counts or touchdowns... it was about winning a goofy race, setting a new time trial record, and shooting your friends with turtle shells.

And then topping it off with a Desperate Housewives session? ;)

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 10:51 AM)
And then topping it off with a Desperate Housewives session? ;)

I like that show... however I think my obsession with Sons of Anarchy, Entourage, and Always Sunny more than makes up for the previous manhood lost!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 11:07 AM)
I like that show... however I think my obsession with Sons of Anarchy, Entourage, and Always Sunny more than makes up for the previous manhood lost!

Haha I suppose that gets you off the hook. When you play Mario Galaxy some let me know how it is. My dad got a Wii for his b-day and I might pick that up and try it.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 11:09 AM)
Haha I suppose that gets you off the hook. When you play Mario Galaxy some let me know how it is. My dad got a Wii for his b-day and I might pick that up and try it.

Will do, it should be arriving today (unless that seller wants some negative feedback threats).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 11:25 AM)

It's a great game, but IGN has been handing out high scores like candy lately and their ratings carry a lot less weight to me. Metal Gear Solid, GTA 4, Halo 3... come on, guys.

I haven't gone back to read the last few threads yet, but does anyone else in here have Fallout 3? I just beat the game last night, somewhat by accident. The game ends rather abruptly and once you're done, that's it (I don't want to give away spoilers so that's all I can say).

There's a ton of achievements you can get in this game too, without too much difficulty.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 01:32 PM)
how bout it. i can't trust their ratings anymore.

Seriously. It's like they are literally grading the hype and success of the game now, instead of the quality. I love the GTA series but GTA 4 was NOT a 10. Great game, one of the best of the year, but certainly not perfection.

Halo 3 is its own phenomenon, it's probably the most overrated game of all time. I think they rated it at the absolute lowest (9.5) possible without the fanboys flipping out and storming their offices with pitchforks.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 10:25 AM)

just a fantastic game. keeps you interested forever. I think i'm at 70 stars right now.