Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 09:00 AM)
Dude.

I love St. Louis style pizza. I've been down there a few times and always make sure to get some (Stefanina's is the best). They use provel cheese, which is really gooey. I talk about St. Louis style pizza all the time. I love it.

I think you are the first person from Chicago I have ever heard of who likes it.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 09:39 AM)
I think you are the first person from Chicago I have ever heard of who likes it.

My old man was born in St. Louis and has family down there, so I went down there as a kid a lot so I guess I was introduced early enough.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Shadows @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 09:31 PM)
When the f*** did I ever say anything was "fact" about it

Everything I have written from my experience playing the game has been my opinion on it.. If it will make you feel better about it, Ill shoot IGN an email telling them that the gameplay sucks.. And to you and everyone else in this thread who love the game you guys need to get a clue.. does that help any?

What is fact is that there is better games to spend that kind of money on than Fallout 3, but for those of you who love it by all means knock yourself out I don't give a s***. I just thought that since you were all gushing about how great it was a differing opinion on the game would help people who were reading everything.

It's how you write it. Context, implications, etc. Either you paid too much attention to your high school English teacher, or you just don't pay attention to what you write. My point here is there are subtle ways to acknowledge that you think the game sucks. Coming out and saying it's trash, the gameplay sucks and what not, that's not subtle--you might as well punch me in the face and tell me that it was just a 'love tap.'

And it's not fact that there are better games out there than Fallout 3. That's all personal opinion.

Resistance 2 is fun and I love it way more than the original. I would give you my copy to borrow BearSox if my PS3 didn't brick today.

So yes, as a gamer it has been such a terrible day. Wake up to find my brother trying to turn on the triple to only see it just blink and turn off. I check for myself and I get the street lights of death as I like to call it. Turn it on so it flashes green, then yellow three times and then red while beeping and while doing all these things, never turns on. I can't even eject Resistance 2 which was in there and it's going to cost $150 to get it fixed since it was a launch 60GB with a warranty that ran out.

Add to the fact that my brother bought me Fallout 3 and I got invited to the Home Beta today as well, I've been mad. Oh and I had the Incredible Hulk delievered in Blu Ray as well. It's a damn shame. SMH.[/rant]

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 22, 2008 -> 03:41 AM)
Resistance 2 is fun and I love it way more than the original. I would give you my copy to borrow BearSox if my PS3 didn't brick today.

So yes, as a gamer it has been such a terrible day. Wake up to find my brother trying to turn on the triple to only see it just blink and turn off. I check for myself and I get the street lights of death as I like to call it. Turn it on so it flashes green, then yellow three times and then red while beeping and while doing all these things, never turns on. I can't even eject Resistance 2 which was in there and it's going to cost $150 to get it fixed since it was a launch 60GB with a warranty that ran out.

Add to the fact that my brother bought me Fallout 3 and I got invited to the Home Beta today as well, I've been mad. Oh and I had the Incredible Hulk delievered in Blu Ray as well. It's a damn shame. SMH.[/rant]

I'm not sure it'll work for you since yours is a total brick, but me and Jenks both got our out of warranty 60GB PS3 for free using the GTA4 excuse.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 09:53 PM)
I'm not sure it'll work for you since yours is a total brick, but me and Jenks both got our out of warranty 60GB PS3 for free using the GTA4 excuse.

Only bad thing for me is though, I can't put GTAIV in there simply because Resistance 2 won't eject. I was thinking about using that excuse but gave up after an hour of trying to eject the game. $150 is still better than paying $400 for a brand new one considering at launch 60GB's were $600.

Okay, here's a little review about Fallout 3 from me after playing the game for a bit.

Graphics are great. A really big environment to explore. Lots of side quests. The environment is very interactive. Taking naps to heal, picking locks to open doors and safe's was fun. You can hacking computers which you basically try to guess passwords to get extra parts of the storyline.

The gameplay is pretty good. If you like RPG's this is right up your alley. With lots of side quests and the big world to explore you have a lot of gaming ahead of you. I've read more than 100 hours. The guns are okay, I only got to play it for about 8 hours in total, but they also let you create different weapons depending on your skill level. The VAUTS aiming system is a lot of fun. You set your target, choose the body part to shoot, and watch as your character executes your command in a slow motion cinematic way. You earn points throughout the game and with those points you can improve your abilities to create/repair weapons, hack computers, heal yourself more efficiently, sweet talk your way through the game, you name it and its there.

The story is pretty good. Although there are a couple games out there with a similar storyline it can hold its own. You begin the game in a vault built to keep everyone safe from the atomic bomb. They built a lot of these, but the difference with this vault is you cannot leave. You end up busting out of there for a very important reason I won't give away. Now you're on your own in the wastelands with danger in each direction. You can pick what type of character you want to be by selecting what you want to say when communicating with people. You want to be a bad ass that doesn't take s*** you got it. If you want to be manipulative to get what you want that's also an option.

Overall the game seems pretty fun. If want to play the hell out of a game and get your money's worth its there. If you want to run straight through it you can do that while having some fun. VAUTS is pretty cool. You'll have some fun with it. The story will keep you involved and interested. The graphics are awesome.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 11:41 AM)
It's how you write it. Context, implications, etc. Either you paid too much attention to your high school English teacher, or you just don't pay attention to what you write. My point here is there are subtle ways to acknowledge that you think the game sucks. Coming out and saying it's trash, the gameplay sucks and what not, that's not subtle--you might as well punch me in the face and tell me that it was just a 'love tap.'

And it's not fact that there are better games out there than Fallout 3. That's all personal opinion.

I wasn't trying to be subtle, I do think it sucks

Still don't see how anything I said makes anything "fact".. regardless I don't like it and you do, so its whatever

So after having my 2nd Xbox break this past week, I decided to go and get me a PS3.

I had NBA 2k9 for 360 and picked it up for the PS3 and noticed right off the bat the graphics are better in the 360. Also bought call of duty modern warfare and those graphics are pretty good, don't really have the 360 version to compare.

The whole graphics thing is really bothering me so I've been doing some research and am wondering other people heres opinion.

1. In general, are the graphics for all sports games better for the 360?

2. Ive read a lot about the graphics for PS3 not reaching potential yet. Have they gotton better since the PS3 came out?

Which overall has the best grpahics for video games?

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 02:15 PM)
So after having my 2nd Xbox break this past week, I decided to go and get me a PS3.

I had NBA 2k9 for 360 and picked it up for the PS3 and noticed right off the bat the graphics are better in the 360. Also bought call of duty modern warfare and those graphics are pretty good, don't really have the 360 version to compare.

The whole graphics thing is really bothering me so I've been doing some research and am wondering other people heres opinion.

1. In general, are the graphics for all sports games better for the 360?

2. Ive read a lot about the graphics for PS3 not reaching potential yet. Have they gotton better since the PS3 came out?

Which overall has the best grpahics for video games?

The first batch of sports games looked significantly better on the 360, now though the graphics should start looking better better on the ps3, atleast equal to the 360.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 02:36 PM)
As far as NBA 2k9, I have it for my 360, and played it on a PS3, and it wasn't even close... it looks way better on 360.

That's what I keep telling myself and it's pissin me off that my favorite game looks like a@@ on a new PS3 that I spent good money on.

Any idea why the two are so diff? What happened to the PS3 catching and passing the 360 when it comes to graphics?

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 02:50 PM)
That's what I keep telling myself and it's pissin me off that my favorite game looks like a@@ on a new PS3 that I spent good money on.

Any idea why the two are so diff? What happened to the PS3 catching and passing the 360 when it comes to graphics?

No idea. However, if you want those tasty graphics, I'll swap my 360 and its 2+ year Best Buy warranty (just go to store and they give you new one) and all the goods I have, for your ps3!

The PS3 graphics question really depends on the game and the developer. Apparently PS3 is widely different in terms of the language that has to be used for the games to work. It goes both ways. Games like Assassins Creed looked better on the PS3 because Ubisoft is a big ps3 partner. If a developer takes the time to learn it I think it's been proven that the PS3 hardware is better. EA I know is really bad at this, though they are getting better. The first 1.5 years they kept throwing out ports of their games, even big ones like Madden. I think now that the PS3 has a substantial base that more developers will start investing more into learning how to best utilize the system (why it took this long, who knows, but probably because of the amount of sales involved....360 outsold ps3 solely because of the amount of owners).

People seem to forget that it took about 2 years for the 360 to get a lot of good games out and lot of good games that utilized the next gen hardware. The PS3 is still young in its life cycle. I expect this next year to be huge. Killzone and God of War are going to be epic.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 09:24 PM)
Selling my 360 for $180 if anyone is interested. HDMI, 20 gig, 1 year left on warranty, lightly used.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 25, 2008 -> 10:12 PM)
I'll give you thirty bucks.

I will give you $30.01