MMA Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 09:47 AM)
Do you remember the 1004 holds Jericho promo from WCW? That's what I think about when I watch her fight...armbar.

She is really good at it, until the UFC finds a chick with her size and ability she will keep breaking arms

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 10:58 AM)
She is really good at it, until the UFC finds a chick with her size and ability she will keep breaking arms

WMMA is a joke. If the UFC doesnt sign Cyborg to fight Rousey then its obvious she is a gimmick machine and they're protecting her.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 03:05 PM)
yeah, about two years ago.

I just read her wiki, her positive test coincided with her contract expiring with Strikeforce. I have to think that played a part in her not being in the UFC right now.

Dana White usually puts his big fighters head to head, I don't really see him protecting Rousey

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 04:11 PM)
I just read her wiki, her positive test coincided with her contract expiring with Strikeforce. I have to think that played a part in her not being in the UFC right now.

Dana White usually puts his big fighters head to head, I don't really see him protecting Rousey

Dana White has no one who can headline a PPV. He is so desperate that Rousey is headlining 170 vs some girl named McMann. Rousey and all WMMA is just a gimmick novelty item. He'll just keep catering to the morons who watch TUF every week.

If GSP really does sit out for the entire 2014 year, then Dana White better open the checkbook and pay Lesnar. Or maybe the $65 PPVs will become the norm so he can bleed out an extra $5 to offset the people not buying events anymore.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 12:30 PM)
His last fight wasn't a big PPV draw either.

I think another run would bring some curiosity numbers right off the bat, if he gets creamed again it would drop off bigtime.

I just dont think Lesnar's body can withstand what he does to it when he is training. 2 cases of diverticulitis while training is pretty bad

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 05:10 PM)
Not a great main card. UFC is going from one country to another trying to pick up new fans. Doing a great job at it, but it's cards are definitely watered down now.

Ronda once again proving there's no one near her level. She's raking it in...

they need to bounce around because the UFC has grown stale here. It is pretty pathetic when their biggest star is Rousey and all she fights is stiffs.

The UFC got killed when Lesnar,GSP and Silva all went out within a short time of each other and then the Jon Jones mess. Havent been able to recover or build new stars. Would love to see Aldo crush McGregor so that train gets wrecked.

Correia poked the bear, and got mauled. Back to the end of the line with Bethe. Kind of sucks that we have to see Tate get the arm bar a third time

comical that the UFC tried to sell the fans that a blue belt with zero power belonged in the same arena as Ronda. And Rogan creaming himself as if Rousey just accomplished something amazing would have been funny if he wasnt so over the top. Atleast he's good at following his marching orders.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 04:38 PM)
comical that the UFC tried to sell the fans that a blue belt with zero power belonged in the same arena as Ronda. And Rogan creaming himself as if Rousey just accomplished something amazing would have been funny if he wasnt so over the top. Atleast he's good at following his marching orders.

I don't know how no one else picked up on that from Hawk, I mean Rogan. It was pretty ridiculous.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 04:35 PM)
they need to bounce around because the UFC has grown stale here. It is pretty pathetic when their biggest star is Rousey and all she fights is stiffs.

The UFC got killed when Lesnar,GSP and Silva all went out within a short time of each other and then the Jon Jones mess. Havent been able to recover or build new stars. Would love to see Aldo crush McGregor so that train gets wrecked.

MMA has proved many times that a one dimensional fighter will eventually get what's coming. If Aldo doesn't beat McGregor, Edgar will.