Replacements for Ozuna and Sisco...

JohnCangelosi

Who do we want to see replace these guys?

Since we've already seen BA and Sweeney this year, we might as well take a look at Owens? He looked pretty good in ST as I recall, and you never know he may be ready to make an impact with his speed.

And regarding Sisco's replacement, I cannot even venture a guess? Maybe Haeger? I'm probably way off on this one though...

Edited by JohnCangelosi

QUOTE(JohnCangelosi @ May 27, 2007 -> 06:24 PM)
Who do we want to see replace these guys?

Since we've already seen BA and Sweeney this year, we mine as well take a look at Owens? He looked pretty good in ST as I recall, and you never know he may be ready to make an impact with his speed.

And regarding Sisco's replacement, I cannot even venture a guess? Maybe Haeger? I'm probably way off on this one though...

I think it will be the Printz guy and Ozzie mentioned Gonzalez a guy who really isn't even a prospect in my mind.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ May 27, 2007 -> 11:30 PM)
Can somebody give me the lowdown on Prinz? What's his story, what does he throw and what can we expect from him?

He's from the south suburbs. Righty reliever who throws from the side. If used properly, could be solid. I have no idea how hard he throws now though.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 27, 2007 -> 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's from the south suburbs. Righty reliever who throws from the side. If used properly, could be solid. I have no idea how hard he throws now though.

bret prinz, 6'3", 210 pounds, righty, 0.68 era thus far in charlotte, batters are hitting .170 against him, 29 years old, in a goliath.com article in 2002 it said he had control problems, in an SI article in 2004 it said he throws in the mid 90's, and is from chicago heights IL

Edited by briguy27

White Sox optioned LHP Andrew Sisco to Triple-A Charlote.

Sisco gave up three runs on Sunday, giving him an 8.36 ERA in 14 innings. He's definitely in need of more work, and the White Sox might use this opportunity to try him as a starting pitcher. Lefr-handers Paulino Reynoso and Carlos Vasquez should be considered the favorites to replace him in the pen.

Per Roto.

Are the Rays actively shopping Crawford? Or is the Elijah Dukes (What a nut job.) situation created some hesitation on their part?

Edited by My Dixie Normus

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ May 27, 2007 -> 11:43 PM)
Per Roto.

Are the Rays actively shopping Crawford? Or is the Elijah Dukes (What a nut job.) situation created some hesitation on their part?

pitching wise he's not a prospect but can strike out. He'll be 28 next year what the heck I say we should give Dewon Day his day in the bigs.. Cooper can make him throw strikes cut back on his walks. If they call him up his arbitration clock is already clicking if that is a deciding factor... he did ok in spring training not real good now.. Can't be any worse than the player he's replacing....

QUOTE(forrestg @ May 28, 2007 -> 01:45 AM)
pitching wise he's not a prospect but can strike out. He'll be 28 next year what the heck I say we should give Dewon Day his day in the bigs.. Cooper can make him throw strikes cut back on his walks. If they call him up his arbitration clock is already clicking if that is a deciding factor... he did ok in spring training not real good now.. Can't be any worse than the player he's replacing....

If Cooper can make him throw strikes, why can't he make MacDougal or Sisco throw strikes?

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ May 27, 2007 -> 06:30 PM)
Can somebody give me the lowdown on Prinz? What's his story, what does he throw and what can we expect from him?

I played little league against him. The guy had awesome heat back then, 70mph plus at age 12. I was lucky enough to manage a flare shot down the first baseline off him one time. :usa

QUOTE(forrestg @ May 28, 2007 -> 01:45 AM)

FWIW, somebody with a grand total of two posts at WSI posted that he has "reliable" information that Day has been called up. :huh