Disaster

Buehrle>Wood

Our bullpen needs to be blown up.

Walker needs to walk.

KW needs to take a long, hard look at how and why Ozzie Guillen is still our manager.

We aren't going to the play-offs by being an average team in this division.

None of what I am saying is new, but now we're in 4th place. Something needs to be done.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ May 30, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)
are bullpen is the worst in baseball.

can't complain one bit about the pen today...they did their job, except aardsma i guess, but our D was horrid not only in that inning but basically all game....its just so disheartening to see us walking guys, while the twins are hitting hte ball on the ground, hustling to break up double plays

Does anybody agree with me, that we make a move for David Weathers of the Reds? He's 37 years old, he had a 2.08 ERA before his latest outing shot it up to 4.30, but his WHIP is 1.08 and he hasn't allowed a homer this season, even as a member of the team whose park has the most home runs in the majors. Like I've said, he's someone who can't be described as shaky. I just don't think the bullpen is that far off.

QUOTE(AirScott @ May 30, 2007 -> 08:07 PM)
Does anybody agree with me, that we make a move for David Weathers of the Reds? He's 37 years old, he had a 2.08 ERA before his latest outing shot it up to 4.30, but his WHIP is 1.08 and he hasn't allowed a homer this season, even as a member of the team whose park has the most home runs in the majors. Like I've said, he's someone who can't be described as shaky. I just don't think the bullpen is that far off.

No, I'd rather trade for guys who might actually be with the organization for the next 2-3 years.

QUOTE(AirScott @ May 30, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)

He would get raped at the Cell in summer against the hitters of the american league. Sisco would be a top flight closer in the NL central these days.

QUOTE(joeynach @ May 30, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)
Walk, Botched Force Attempt, Botched Force Attempt, Walk....ballgame. Gotta love the way the twins win.

I look at is as loving the way the White Sox lose.

It's about time people realize this team just isn't very good. They'll hardly be a moment where all facets of the game -- from offense to bullpen to starting pitching -- collectively gels.

Welcome to fourth place, Guillen. You may not find yourself above it for the remainder of the season.

The possibility of unloading several players will only increase if series such as this continue.

Gotta love Kw getting all those flame throwers for the bullpen. Newflash it doesn't work when everyone in the league knows u struggle to throw strikes, they wont swing at your overpowering heat Kenny. Why dont u get someone with control who throws heat, not these clowns.

QUOTE(daa84 @ May 30, 2007 -> 08:06 PM)
can't complain one bit about the pen today...they did their job, except aardsma i guess, but our D was horrid not only in that inning but basically all game

Yup -- specifically Logan and Thorton did admirable work out there, and even MacDougal was fine outside of his walk. The defense was pitiful while you see Twins players making jumping and diving catches.

Ditto the offense -- absolutely pathetic effort against everyone not named Baker.

QUOTE(AirScott @ May 30, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)

MacDougal and Aardsma might be SHOT mentally, perhaps for the rest of the season.

Since the Thames homer, Aardsma has been pitching about as well as Dewon Day. MacDougal can't be your set-up man walking one hitter per inning...not throwing 93-95 instead of 96-98, he's not missing enough bats now.

This team doesn't need David Weathers, we need an enema, starting with KW and OG.

We almost always find a way to lose to the Twins in their park, and they almost always let us do that...and they hustle throughout the line-up.

Owned by the Twins five of the past six years, and counting. What new?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 30, 2007 -> 03:09 PM)
He would get raped at the Cell in summer against the hitters of the american league. Sisco would be a top flight closer in the NL central these days.

You can't guarantee that. Plus, like I said, the Cincy park sees the most homers in baseball. And Sisco would need to throw strikes, first.

QUOTE(AirScott @ May 30, 2007 -> 03:11 PM)
You can't guarantee that. Plus, like I said, the Cincy park sees the most homers in baseball. And Sisco would need to throw strikes, first.

We're beyond David Weathers at this point...we have two relievers now. Last year we had three.

This team and organization are sinking like the Lusitania.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 30, 2007 -> 03:11 PM)
MacDougal and Aardsma might be SHOT mentally, perhaps for the rest of the season.

Since the Thames homer, Aardsma has been pitching about as well as Dewon Day. MacDougal can't be your set-up man walking one hitter per inning...not throwing 93-95 instead of 96-98, he's not missing enough bats now.

This team doesn't need David Weathers, we need an enema, starting with KW and OG.

We almost always find a way to lose to the Twins in their park, and they almost always let us do that...and they hustle throughout the line-up.

Owned by the Twins five of the past six years, and counting. What new?

Weathers lessens the burden on them, so they can build up their confidence by not having to pitch in the 8th or 9th all the time. Who would you rather see on in the 9th in this particular game? Weathers has walked 8 batters this season. Aardsma has given 15 a free pass, and same with MacDougal.

QUOTE(AirScott @ May 30, 2007 -> 03:11 PM)

So you want the David Weathers who has a 4.13 ERA in the national league and that will be the answer to our problems. Sure whatever.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 30, 2007 -> 03:10 PM)
Fire f***ing Guillen today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!2006 is OVER people! :sweep: :sweep: :sweep: This Regime away!!!

this Chicago sports mentality "fire the coach. fire the coach!! It's really old and tired. If Mac and Ardsma strike out everyone they face, ozzies a god.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 30, 2007 -> 03:14 PM)
So you want the David Weathers who has a 4.13 ERA in the national league and that will be the answer to our problems. Sure whatever.

He allowed 6 runs in his last appearance. It was 2.08 before that. Think further than straight-up numbers with these guys, they can be skewed. A reliever can toss 20 scoreless innings, give up 5 runs in an inning and see his ERA jump by 2.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 30, 2007 -> 08:09 PM)
hopefully we'll stay on enough of a losing streak to tear this team down to the core next month

It's really tough right now. In my head, I know it's good for the Sox to lose, as they have no chance to catch the Indians/Tigers and the best thing that could happen would be to get some talented prospects for our aging veterans. In my heart though, I'm used to watching Sox games that matter and being pissed off if they lose. Sadly, I don't even really have any emotions about them losing today....just annoyed that's it gotten this bad so quickly.