Zambrano is nuts!!

dagotony06

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or maybe just some of us know how JR feels about signing pitcher to long-term contracts and what Buehrle's value is going to be on the open market.

Every situation is different. How about not guessing about every thing and thinking the worst. That would be nice, wouldn't it?

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 06:48 PM)
Every situation is different. How about not guessing about every thing and thinking the worst. That would be nice, wouldn't it?

Why insult my own intelligence though? It's like people thinking we'll go after ARod this year.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:26 PM)
In one of the worst performances ever, Sweet Lou just went nuts on an ump. Complete with dirt and cap kicking at the ump.

The Sheep littered the field with trash.

Classy, classy all the way around.

And people wonder why Cubs fans are so hated, dear god are they classless. If I'm Bobby Cox I'd refuse to send my team back onto the field unless the fans were removed from the bleachers, I don't feel safe sending Andruw Jones and Jeff Francouer out there when they could be pegged in the back of the head with a baseball/cellphone/dildo by some classless asshole.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:32 PM)
And people wonder why Cubs fans are so hated, dear god are they classless. If I'm Bobby Cox I'd refuse to send my team back onto the field unless the fans were removed from the bleachers, I don't feel safe sending Andruw Jones and Jeff Francouer out there when they could be pegged in the back of the head with a baseball/cellphone/dildo by some classless asshole.

:lolhitting

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why insult my own intelligence though? It's like people thinking we'll go after ARod this year.

You are part of some group that may go after A-Rod? The Sox have went after A-Rod twice already, why wouldn't you think they would go after him again if he is indeed available? If you want to be mr. negativity then go ahead - even make yourself feel better and tell yourself you are just being realistic (which is a joke). However, you and everyone like you could keep it to yourselves. It is easier to be negative and be right, which is what most negative people seem to care about - being right. There is also the common negative person's battle cry - "I don't think this will work, but I would love to be proven wrong." Most on here hate Jay Mariotti and his negative bulls*** about the team we love, but at the same time a lot of posters seem to be exactly like him.

As far as Buehrle - he seems to be different than other pitchers the Sox have just let walk or traded away. I could be wrong and the Sox may not give a crap about re-signing him, but I believe they will make every effort possible. Many here were wrong about not being able to re-sign Paulie as well. I hate the negative attitudes.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)
You are part of some group that may go after A-Rod? The Sox have went after A-Rod twice already, why wouldn't you think they would go after him again if he is indeed available? If you want to be mr. negativity then go ahead - even make yourself feel better and tell yourself you are just being realistic (which is a joke). However, you and everyone like you could keep it to yourselves. It is easier to be negative and be right, which is what most negative people seem to care about - being right. There is also the common negative person's battle cry - "I don't think this will work, but I would love to be proven wrong." Most on here hate Jay Mariotti and his negative bulls*** about the team we love, but at the same time a lot of posters seem to be exactly like him.

As far as Buehrle - he seems to be different than other pitchers the Sox have just let walk or traded away. I could be wrong and the Sox may not give a crap about re-signing him, but I believe they will make every effort possible. Many here were wrong about not being able to re-sign Paulie as well. I hate the negative attitudes.

The only difference is we wouldn't be trading for ARod...we'd have to sign him this offseason and go up against plenty of other teams who want him. When it comes to trades and signings, I'm definitely not Mr. Pessimist on this site. I think we have a chance to go after Ichiro if JR thinks the move will help this organization on and off the field. I do agree with you that Buehrle is different than Colon, etc. However, he's having too good of a season this year, and his price is going crazy. Teams like the Mets are going to have a lot of money to spend on quality starting pitching this offseason.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)

BTW, if the Sox don't win the World Series, then there was no way they were bringing back PK.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 06:24 PM)
I have 2 theories.

Either Barret was actually trying to point at the sky on that wild pitch/throw past 3rd...

Or in fact, AJ and Zambrano have become good friends and Z was defending AJ's honor.

I heard from someone who went to the game and sat near the dugout that Barrett said "I wasn't the one who put 7 runs on the board."

I'm a little torn at this moment in my life. The Cubs suck beyond belief right now. The Sox also suck. I'm torn though because whereas both teams SUCK, I am almost more tempted to start watching the Cubs. I mean, I watch the Sox and all I do is get pissed and hear my heartbreaking a little bit more every day. But the Cubs, that's some damn funny s*** going on over there! I'm thrilled my team is just sucking in their play and not been making complete idiots of themselves(aside from Ozzie and his mouth, which has actually been fairly quiet), but I almost wish that there was some other reason than love to keep me tuning in.

But the Cubs, you can't script this type of comedy! This is true to life Major League and Bad News Bears all wrapped into one dose of reality! I have a REALLY good feeling that this year in baseball will be a complete disaster in many, many, many areas.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In other Cub news, Lou suspended indefinitely..

LMFAO!!!!

I don't think coaches can appeal either. That's pathetic and very Bevington-like if Lou wasn't arguing and was just putting on a show.

It's amazing how fast Cub fans, paticular the internet ones, were all over his jock before the season started and now they realize he's worse than Baker, another guy they pimped before he got there.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 05:41 PM)
LMFAO!!!!

I don't think coaches can appeal either. That's pathetic and very Bevington-like if Lou wasn't arguing and was just putting on a show.

It's amazing how fast Cub fans, paticular the internet ones, were all over his jock before the season started and now they realize he's worse than Baker, another guy they pimped before he got there.

The funniest thing to me is that he keeps complaining about the players they have on the team, as if to say Hendry didn't bring in the type of players he wanted. That's comical, as how many articles were written about how Lou was able to sweet talk guys like Soriano and Lilly to come play for the Cubs?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 12:48 PM)
Every manager has been 'the answer' until he puts on that loser jersey. The sheep have been in love with Baylor, Baker and now Lou. They keep bringing in a bigger and bigger name to no avail.

Joe Torre, I see blue in your future.

Torre's not stupid enough to go to Wrigley.