Aaron Poreda selected

whitesox94

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 07:40 PM)
Since obviously you don't know what the hell your talking about and especially saying he's an Andy Sisco clone when he does have control just drop the "Im smarter than you" act.

lol passing on Porcello is inexcuseable if we are truly not doing the whole projectable nonsense anymore. At least the people who know their stuff seem to really like our 2nd pick. Beats nothing I guess.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be an ass, but this is basically the type of pitcher most were wanting around here. I can understand being mad about passing on Porcello(I am as well) but I'd definitely like to see this kid pitch before I declare him a bust.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 07:32 PM)
Taking a guy with 1 pitch and a mediocre strikeout rate in college over Porcello is inexcuseable. I am not nearly informed enough to speak of our other picks, but to take Andy Sisco clone over Porcello isn't working at all.

first - Andy Sisco? We're calling him Andy now?

second - The analysts at the draft specifically mentioned poreda saying that he could be as good as any of the pitchers at the top of the draft.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)
first - Andy Sisco? We're calling him Andy now?

second - The analysts at the draft specifically mentioned poreda saying that he could be as good as any of the pitchers at the top of the draft.

always good to have an ego. Apparently he just needs some pitches to go along with that.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 07:53 PM)
Jones better be awesome because I have seen Casey Crosby pitch half a dozen times and he is going to be outstanding for Detroit if he doesn't get hurt. We very well might have been pantsed twice by a division rival in 5 rounds.

Or he could never make it out of the minors.

Poreda sounds like he has some excitement in his voice and he wants to get pitching...

Will Poreda sign?

"Yes, definitley."

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:08 PM)
always good to have an ego. Apparently he just needs some pitches to go along with that.

What are you talking about?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:13 PM)
Or he could never make it out of the minors.

Poreda sounds like he has some excitement in his voice and he wants to get pitching...

Will Poreda sign?

"Yes, definitley."

What are you talking about?

The analysts at the draft specifically mentioned poreda saying that he could be as good as any of the pitchers at the top of the draft. This tells me he thinks he is as good as any other pitcher in the draft. Therefore I think he has a large ego considering other pitchers picked far ahead of him have much better stuff. Get it now?

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:17 PM)
The analysts at the draft specifically mentioned poreda saying that he could be as good as any of the pitchers at the top of the draft. This tells me he thinks he is as good as any other pitcher in the draft. Therefore I think he has a large ego considering other pitchers picked far ahead of him have much better stuff. Get it now?

Players get b****ed at for not having enough attitude, and now him saying this makes him have an ego?

I'm glad to see you hate him before he pitches his first game.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 04:43 PM)
He has nothing but a fastball...hasn't been playing baseball too long...was an "under the radar" pick...has weak secondary pitches...

...and we took him first round?

I'll be happy to admit I was wrong but I think this is a bust pick. What the f*** is this?

--

Maybe the thing that bothers me most is: Cooper will have him throwing with less velocity to harness "control."

f***

he already has "control." note his 18 walks in 99-2/3 innings...results in a 1.63 BB/9 ratio.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:28 PM)
Quickman- are you referring to the guy on mlb.com (think it was Mayo) saying that if Poreda developed secondary stuff he could be as good as the guys at the top of the draft?

All I did was read the quote somebody else posted. After It said Poreda said he was as good as the other pitchers drafted ahead of him. thats what a poster quoted. Therefore I jsut made a reference to him having an ego. thats it. Plain and simple. I did not know another perosn said it, not Poreda himself. therfore its a moot point.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)
Players get b****ed at for not having enough attitude, and now him saying this makes him have an ego?

I'm glad to see you hate him before he pitches his first game.

now How does this mean I hate him? Just because you do not care for my comments doesn't mean you cna stick words in my mouth. If he said what another poster wrote, I think he has a large ego for a guy with one pitch. Doesn't mean he is good, bad or I hate him.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
now How does this mean I hate him? Just because you do not care for my comments doesn't mean you cna stick words in my mouth. If he said what another poster wrote, I think he has a large ego for a guy with one pitch. Doesn't mean he is good, bad or I hate him.

Well, if you can make assumptions that approximately none of our prospects will pan out, I don't see why I can't make assumptions as well.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 09:36 PM)
Well, if you can make assumptions that approximately none of our prospects will pan out, I don't see why I can't make assumptions as well.

Well you just let me know which of our prospects are going to "work out" whatever that means. Tell me please, and also tell me when they will "work out". What year. I like my odds better.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:17 PM)
Well you just let me know which of our prospects are going to "work out" whatever that means. Tell me please, and also tell me when they will "work out". What year. I like my odds better.

I'm not saying any of them will. But there's a difference between having doubts about our farm system and dumping on it at every chance.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:22 PM)
I'm not saying any of them will. But there's a difference between having doubts about our farm system and dumping on it at every chance.

When the sox draft better and players stick I will get off there backs. Until then I am entitled to my opinion.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 04:43 PM)
He has nothing but a fastball...hasn't been playing baseball too long...was an "under the radar" pick...has weak secondary pitches...

...and we took him first round?

I'll be happy to admit I was wrong but I think this is a bust pick. What the f*** is this?

--

Maybe the thing that bothers me most is: Cooper will have him throwing with less velocity to harness "control."

f***

The Sox have wated lots of picks on pitching unde KW. Why stop now?

Bob

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 04:13 PM)
I like the plus velocity of his arm. If he can throw strikes and develop a 2nd pitch he could be a good starter. If he doesnt, he will be a reliever.

The only thing that stings is that Porcello was still on the board, and was selected by the Tigers.

Porcella rep is Boras.... nothing else needs to be said. We took Pored because KW is afraid of losing his pick on some one we can't sign..... Edited by forrestg

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 07:18 PM)
Everybody laughed last night at the projection that we'd pass on Porcello, take a project, and the Tigers would take Porcello instead. I guess the people around here haven't learned about Kenny and our scouts yet, they aren't very smart.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 07:32 PM)
Taking a guy with 1 pitch and a mediocre strikeout rate in college over Porcello is inexcuseable. I am not nearly informed enough to speak of our other picks, but to take Andy Sisco clone over Porcello isn't working at all.

Good god you need to get over yourself. I know you are mad with the way the Sox have been playing lately, but the stuff you have been posting lately is just about unreadable. Do us all a favor and either count to ten before you post, or get a new hobby besides Soxtalk.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 06:27 AM)
Good god you need to get over yourself. I know you are mad with the way the Sox have been playing lately, but the stuff you have been posting lately is just about unreadable. Do us all a favor and either count to ten before you post, or get a new hobby besides Soxtalk.

lol well said :cheers, on top of that I keep getting confused as him by some posters too making it worse :bang

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 08:08 AM)
I just wish they'd get off the fascination with drafting pitcher after pitcher, when we have no infielders to bring up-no catchers worth a darn, and a history of not being able to develop pitchers they draft.

Eh, almost any team is going to draft pitchers more at the begining than hitters. And We have had recent first round hitters with Fields/Anderson.