White Sox vs. Astros, 6/9/07 (L)

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
Uribe's horrific mechanics have taken away all of his power. I can't believe Greg Walker still has a job.

Uribe is just a terrible overall hitter. One of the worst I have ever seen. I think the White Sox are the only team that a career .296 OBP guy would still be starting.

Every time this guy bats, I want to vomit.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The good news is that Buster Olney said today that Buehrle might go on the market soon, and he'll be the best player available.

greaaat

knowing pierzynski, he'll call one low, even though loretta is hitting the s*** outta the ball down there

oh well, hes now 1 hit closer to 3000. he'll be the only play ever with 750+ homers, 500 SB, 3000 hits, 2000+ RBIs, 2500+ BB, and 9 gold gloves

Edited by briguy27

Whatever the Sox are doing to steal other teams sign recently, it has been working brilliantly. This has to be the third team within the last two series a starting pitcher has picked off a would be base stealer in motion.

We only trade for hard throwers now. Pitching ability is overrated.

Hey now. For as much as you bash that trade, if things don't change in a hurry, the deal (at the very least) is going to be a wash and, if Gio or Floyd do anything worth a damn in the majors, it's going to be a winner for the Sox.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 08:34 PM)
The good news is that Buster Olney said today that Buehrle might go on the market soon, and he'll be the best player available.

That makes me sad. Buehrle is one of -- I think I counted five last night on my way home from the Metro -- yeah, five players that I actually enjoy watching. I think I counted Thome, Fields, Boone, Buehrle and Danks. Oh and Bobby Jenks. Six out of 25, that's spectacular.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 02:34 PM)

I am sorry but this is a guy you try and keep. I do not want AAA players. He makes every start and that is very rare. You build a team around him and Garland if you are a serious franchise.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 03:41 PM)
I am sorry but this is a guy you try and keep. I do not want AAA players. He makes every start and that is very rare. You build a team around him and Garland if you are a serious franchise.

Or you could just trade him now for some big time talent and sign him to a big deal in the offseason.