White Sox Loser

whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 06:27 AM)
You don't try to trade one of them to the Astros [...]

Interesting that you brought this up. I don't mean to completely derail the thread, but the reason the trade didn't go through was because Williams asked for Hunter Pence in addition to Hirsch, Buckholz and Tavares. Too bad Purpura didn't give in -- that deal would have been quite the coup. The Sox would have had a nice grindy platoon in TavErstad in CF with Pence manning LF. Losing Garland would have sucked, but gaining Pence/Hirsch would have more than made up for it.

Edited by CWSGuy406

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 01:55 AM)
Interesting that you brought this up. I don't mean to completely derail the thread, but the reason the trade didn't go through was because Williams asked for Hunter Pence in addition to Hirsch, Buckholz and Tavares. Too bad Purpura didn't give in -- that deal would have been quite the coup. The Sox would have had a nice grindy platoon in TavErstad in CF with Pence manning LF. Losing Garland would have sucked, but gaining Pence/Hirsch would have more than made up for it.

uhh, where did you hear this?

Im pretty sure Pence was never in the discussion.. it was Tavares, Hirsh, Buchholz for Garland all along from everything that I heard on it

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 02:01 AM)
uhh, where did you hear this?

Im pretty sure Pence was never in the discussion.. it was Tavares, Hirsh, Buchholz for Garland all along from everything that I heard on it

Kenny Williams never would have accepted that trade. Houston sure as hell didn't turn it down. Or if Houston did turn it down, it was after KW tried to get Pence included in the discussion.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 11:12 PM)
Our organization is, AT BEST, in an equal position now as it was when he took over. IMO it's worse off than it was then, and that was 6 years ago. If that isn't a damning statement about his job performance, I don't know what is.

Piss and moan, piss and moan. The World Series Title counts for nothing with you. Of course you know so much you could have done a much better job than Kenny.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 11:51 PM)
People on this board are AT BEST half as smart as they used to be.

You spout on this board like you are a god, as if you have some sort of insight that no one else in the world has.

But honestly you know nothing about the Sox, nothing about being a Sox fan, and show absolutely no loyalty towards your team.

Williams won a championship. Not one of us on this board had ever seen that prior to KW being hired, and many of us may never see it again after. If KW was not our GM it is pretty likely that we do not win the 2005 World Series.

And maybe it was a fluke, who even cares, the point is, WE WON THE WORLD SERIES. No one can ever take away the parade, the singing on Wacker, any of the moments that every real Sox fan got to live.

So Im going to give him the benefit of the doubt, they won 90 games last year, why dont you check how many times they won 90 games in back to back seasons before KW.

And Vazquez is a good pitcher, cant win games when no one is scoring runs. Id say Vaz will likely have the lowest era of any Sox pitcher this year.

What a terrible player.

:cheers

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 11:30 PM)
So did Fields tweak something or does Ozzie just have no clue what he's doing?

Right now he's going to play third the most, but not as an everyday third baseman," Guillen said. " I want to see how he swings the bat. It's up to him how many at-bats he's going to get. He has the opportunity now to do something."

Sounds like the BA situation. I bet soon enough Ozzie will start to cart Cintron out there as a starter.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like the BA situation. I bet soon enough Ozzie will start to cart Cintron out there as a starter.

then we'll all be in trouble. i'd rather have andy gonzalez down at 3rd. did you see him flashing that leather tonight? hot dang!

Edited by DonnyDevito

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 12:27 AM)

Or he could just f***ing play the future of the franchise everyday at 3B. He's going to f*** around with Fields for the rest of the year and by the end of the season they still won't know what the f*** they have in Josh. This is exactly why I don't want Ozzie around when the rebuilding starts up, he has a set way of dealing with struggling rookies, play the s***ty vet who can't play worth a lick every other day until the rookie starts to get pissed off then claim he has attitude problems and send him back to AAA.

I don't give a s*** if Fields can't hit a fastball right now or when he takes a s*** in the clubhouse it smells up the place with Joe Crede about to go under the knife I want Fields at 3B everyday, that's the only way they're going to know if they have something in Josh. Enough of this playing vets over rooks bulls*** Josh needs to play every day to prove he can hang at the highest level.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 12:36 AM)
Or he could just f***ing play the future of the franchise everyday at 3B. He's going to f*** around with Fields for the rest of the year and by the end of the season they still won't know what the f*** they have in Josh. This is exactly why I don't want Ozzie around when the rebuilding starts up, he has a set way of dealing with struggling rookies, play the s***ty vet who can't play worth a lick every other day until the rookie starts to get pissed off then claim he has attitude problems and send him back to AAA.

I don't give a s*** if Fields can't hit a fastball right now or when he takes a s*** in the clubhouse it smells up the place with Joe Crede about to go under the knife I want Fields at 3B everyday, that's the only way they're going to know if they have something in Josh. Enough of this playing vets over rooks bulls*** Josh needs to play every day to prove he can hang at the highest level.

Every manager does that. Especially with struggling rookies.

I let Josh play. I think Ozzie will, too, but I'm just saying he won't be the first. Not just Dusty Baker but Ron Gardenhire.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 12:39 AM)

I let Josh play. I think Ozzie will, too, but I'm just saying he won't be the first. Not just Dusty Baker but Ron Gardenhire.

when managers starting 3rd basemen go down for the year, and when that player is going into his last year and you have a "ready" player, and you are the 3rd worst team in the AL, this is when you dont trot Cintron out there to get that extra pop in 3rd.

The Royals let the kids play, We are 4 games better than the Royals right now.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 12:39 AM)

I could honestly care less what the perception is with other managers. This particular situation should be handled one way and one way only, play Fields every damn day. This team is not going to win jack s*** this season so an easy out at 3B won't exactly kill the team's at winning the Division. Alex Cintron is dog s*** and will not be with the team next season, there's no reason for him to see another AB at 3B for the rest of the year.

Joe Crede will possibly never play another game with the Sox again, the Sox need to figure out if they have something in Fields or if they're going to need to find a replacement through other means this offseason.

Crede done, Fields not a given

It’s official that Joe Crede is done for the year. The Sox announced that on Tuesday.

So, now the question is: who’s going to play third? The logical answer says Josh Fields, but Ozzie wasn’t so sure.

The manager said after Tuesday’s loss that he’ll take a long look at Andy Gonzalez there if Fields is struggling, and I think he could even move Mackowiak there when Podsednik and Erstad are healthy.

This is getting dumber. This is like having Dusty Baker trying to win out in a losing season. Playing vets over the kids because he wanted to win his 70th game. The minute Prancer and Grinder show back up. Mack will be your starting 3rd baseman.

Edited by southsideirish71

Son of a f***ing b****, I can't take this s*** anymore. Andy Gonzalez is not anything, he's nothing, he'll be a below average utility player for the Sox next season but that's pretty much his career plateau. Mackowiak will not be with the team next season, once again there's no f***ing reason to play him.

Please Ozzie, don't be a asshole on this one just play the kid everyday for the rest of the season, even if he puts up a .600 OPS the rest of the way he's giving you more than you got from the position for the first 2 months of the season.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 12:51 AM)
Son of a f***ing b****, I can't take this s*** anymore. Andy Gonzalez is not anything, he's nothing, he'll be a below average utility player for the Sox next season but that's pretty much his career plateau. Mackowiak will not be with the team next season, once again there's no f***ing reason to play him.

Please Ozzie, don't be a asshole on this one just play the kid everyday for the rest of the season, even if he puts up a .600 OPS the rest of the way he's giving you more than you got from the position for the first 2 months of the season.

I find it ironic that we bring Mack here to be a backup 3rd baseman. Our manager makes him a CF, doesnt play him at 3rd for all this time and now look we have a 3rd baseman candidate.

I've tried so damn hard this year to give Ozzie the benefit of the doubt and back him as often as possible but I have a feeling he's going to make it real damn hard to do so with the way he's apparently thinking about handling the 3B situation.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 12:36 AM)

Yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with that. I'm not optimistic about Fields, but they have to play him. I mean, it's not like Cintron is even a better player at this point. Even if he were, Williams needs to find out if he can play...what is Ozzie thinking....

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 12:55 AM)
I've tried so damn hard this year to give Ozzie the benefit of the doubt and back him as often as possible but I have a feeling he's going to make it real damn hard to do so with the way he's apparently thinking about handling the 3B situation.

KW needs to reign this s*** in.

If I'm KW I'm trying pretty damn hard right now to move Cintron and Mackowaik to contenders looking for utility infielders. Get a couple s*** prospects for them and fill their roster spots with Tony Eusebio and Don Baylor.

If Ozzie in a losing season decides to put Mack at third, he needs to be canned at the end of this year. If we are going to lose, lets figure out what we have with Fields. You take a long deep look and you see if he can adjust, or if you made a mistake.