White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/13/07 (L)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:56 PM)
Well, also, I was a kid in the 70's so though I loved baseball, I didn't care enough to really notice stats all that much.

I gave up on baseball around '83 due to my own coaches making me fall out of love for the game, then I just lost all notice of "team sports" also.

I didn't watch again until around '95.

Thank those coaches. They saved you a LOT of heartache.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:51 PM)
Here's the scary thing: they probably think signing Rowand would offset the fan's being upset if they let Buehrle go. Also, I'm of the belief that Garland will be traded this offseason.

I'm losing it just reading this. Why pay Rowand 8+ million, and then say they didn't have enough to pay Mark? I'm all for trading him, but I'd like to see the take a shot at signing him back in the off-season. I suppose it won't happen though.

I like Javy, but if we're going to go into next season with him at the top of the rotation with Gio and Floyd at the back end, it's going to be really ugly.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
I'm losing it just reading this. Why pay Rowand 8+ million, and then say they didn't have enough to pay Mark? I'm all for trading him, but I'd like to see the take a shot at signing him back in the off-season. I suppose it won't happen though.

I like Javy, but if we're going to go into next season with him at the top of the rotation with Gio and Floyd at the back end, it's going to be really ugly.

Mark's issue will likely be (maybe already is...) years.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 07:57 PM)
What makes you say that?

KW tried to trade Garland last offseason. KW hates going into the final year of a contract with a player, especially a pitcher. It's ok though, at least we have Vazquez to anchor the rotation. Find ways to win games, like Garland does, is overrated.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:58 PM)

Definately. It would be interesting to see if the Sox put together something with vesting option years, if Mark would sit up and take notice (so many innings start adding more guarenteed years to the deal)

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 07:58 PM)

Did you read that there are already rumblings about what the Sox are asking for in return for him? I still believe you give him one final offer before the end of June. If he says no, then you trade him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 03:00 PM)
Did you read that there are already rumblings about what the Sox are asking for in return for him? I still believe you give him one final offer before the end of June. If he says no, then you trade him.

Can you link me up to these rumblings fathom. I haven't seen the article.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 03:00 PM)
Definately. It would be interesting to see if the Sox put together something with vesting option years, if Mark would sit up and take notice (so many innings start adding more guarenteed years to the deal)

IMHO, the chance of this is slim to none.. and slim has left the building.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 03:00 PM)

No, as I have not read much in that forum.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 03:02 PM)
IMHO, the chance of this is slim to none.. and slim has left the building.

I have been saying for a while that Mark is done in Chicago this year. I was just curious what their negotitating position looked like.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:58 PM)

I'd assume the Sox would offer 3, maybe I could see 4 and then club/player options.

Suppose logic would indicate he'd want 5 guaranteed and then options.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 03:01 PM)
Wow, I think we're actually guaranteed to make it through our full lineup 4 times. Does anyone else think it's been a while since that happened?

By one hitter.

Owens "still not running well" thanks Ed how about the hitting.

Phils are not that good at all.

3-15- in last 18..........

Well at least all of the teams are under .500 0-18 would have been hard to take.