All-star

Bonderman38

QUOTE(RX Bandits @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 09:29 PM)
speaking of the all star game, why is it in san fran this year? it was in pitt last year, why another NL city?

I think it goes to the city with the highest bid.

At first I thought they alternated AL to NL each year but thats not the case.

I like it in San Fran, really nice park, home run derby should be fun with the bay right there and all of the people clammering for the balls that hit the drink. Should be fun.

Jenks as you all said is the only candidate.

If they had an all star game for name players who stunk the first half, however.

On the team would be ...

Paulie, Uribe, Dye, MacDougal, Iguchi, Crede, Erstad. AJ would be an alternate.

Oz would be on there as a member of the coaching staff.

I would be interested to see how many inherited runners the BP allowed to score for Mark and Jon. They have each had one or two shaky outings but overall, I have seen them pitch deep into games and at the point of departure, have given up 1 to 3 runs by the 7th or 8th. Maybe my memory is weak, though.

QUOTE(Beltin @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 10:37 PM)
I would be interested to see how many inherited runners the BP allowed to score for Mark and Jon. They have each had one or two shaky outings but overall, I have seen them pitch deep into games and at the point of departure, have given up 1 to 3 runs by the 7th or 8th. Maybe my memory is weak, though.

That's actually an interesting point. Any of you stat guys know how many of Buehrle and Garland's inherited runners have scored?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 10:40 PM)
That's actually an interesting point. Any of you stat guys know how many of Buehrle and Garland's inherited runners have scored?

It took some work but in 13 starts this season only 2 of the 33 ER Buehrle has allowed this season have come via inherited runners scored. Both scored on May 18th against the Cubs, Mike MacDougal was the culprit.

I'll check Garland but atleast in Buehrle's case inherited runners scored doesn't seem to be a big problem.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 10:49 PM)
It took some work but in 13 starts this season only 2 of the 33 ER Buehrle has allowed this season have come via inherited runners scored. Both scored on May 18th against the Cubs, Mike MacDougal was the culprit.

I'll check Garland but atleast in Buehrle's case inherited runners scored doesn't seem to be a big problem.

Gotcha. You don't need to check Garland's if it's a lot of work. I was just curious.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 10:53 PM)
Gotcha. You don't need to check Garland's if it's a lot of work. I was just curious.

It takes about 3 minutes to look it up, not a big deal at all. Garland only has 1 by the way. That came on June 4th Vs the Yankees when Garland allowed a double to Matsui in the 9th and the clusterf*** of s***ty relievers allowed him and 3 others to score.

Based on the fact that Buehrle has 2 and Garland 1, I'd say that theory is dead. I'd also say they're probably under the league average for % of ER coming from inherited runners scored.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 10:53 PM)

It takes about 3 minutes to look it up, not a big deal at all. Garland only has 1 by the way. That came on June 4th Vs the Yankees when Garland allowed a double to Matsui in the 9th and the clusterf*** of s***ty relievers allowed him and 3 others to score.

Based on the fact that Buehrle has 2 and Garland 1, I'd say that theory is dead. I'd also say they're probably under the league average for % of ER coming from inherited runners scored.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 11:00 PM)

Yup. I'd agree.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it goes to the city with the highest bid.

At first I thought they alternated AL to NL each year but thats not the case.

I like it in San Fran, really nice park, home run derby should be fun with the bay right there and all of the people clammering for the balls that hit the drink. Should be fun.

yeah, but it's Pro-Bonds.