Curtis Granderson's assault on a 93 year old AL record

whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Aug 26, 2007 -> 08:06 PM)
Granderson is really threatening the 20-20-20-20

2 triples a couple nights ago brings him to 21.

An inside the park homer today brings him to 17.

A stolen base today brings him to 16. And he had the doubles long ago.

Another steal Monday night = 17. Fun to watch.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in '05 @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
You'd think with his speed he could steal 50+ bags a season.

I don't know about 50 but he should have btwn 30 and 40.

Leyland has an opinion on that...

"I think Curtis Granderson is the most conscientious young man that I've ever been around in baseball," Leyand said. "That's how I feel about him as a person. That translates into his personality as a baseball player in the sense that he always wants to do everything right, almost to a fault, because he doesn't want to make any mistakes. So, because he doesn't want to make any mistakes, sometimes he doesn't let himself fly enough [on the bases]. Not passive, but too cautious."

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 9, 2007 -> 05:30 PM)
No doubt in my mind he deserves more MVP votes than Ordonez this year.

Unfortunately, there's not a chance in hell that happens. The voters have no clue what the words "positional adjustments" mean, and the Tigers aren't making the playoffs as of today, and God forbid you EVER vote for an MVP on a non-playoff team. At this point it's quite clearly A-Rod's to lose.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 9, 2007 -> 05:40 PM)
Unfortunately, there's not a chance in hell that happens. The voters have no clue what the words "positional adjustments" mean, and the Tigers aren't making the playoffs as of today, and God forbid you EVER vote for an MVP on a non-playoff team. At this point it's quite clearly A-Rod's to lose.

It should be ARod, but Granderson should get 2nd. Sadly, they'll probably vote Mike Lowell 2nd.

Remarkably, Jimmy Rollins is also very close to the record as well. He's done it really under the radar. It's crazy that possibly TWO players in one year can join the 20-20-20-20 club and Rollins might join Granderson and Schulte as the only players in the 30-20-20-20 club. (Mays was short at 26 doubles)

The Phillies Jimmy Rollins currently has 35 doubles, 28 steals, 26 homers and 17 triples.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 01:59 AM)
hell Rollins has a shot at getting to 30-20-30-30. That's even more impressive than Granderson.

And I thought for some ridiculous reason that Philly would have traded him last offseason. Who the hell was I kidding?

I know someone who thinks the Tigers will trade Granderson to really maximize his value.

"Not a chance in hell," I said.