Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 04:55 PM)
I thought you were referring to a menage a trois with Alan Arkin, lol...

Emily Blunt is a cutie, though. I always gets Isla Fisher and Amy Adams confused for some reason.

Saw Monsters vs. Aliens (with the 3D glasses) and I Love You, Man and really enjoyed both of them...the Rudd movie makes you almost uncomfortable with its many cringe-worthy moments, but that's the whole point, that there are lots of people like that in real life that are socially akward and kind of misfits in a way.

I do the same thing, they are practically twins

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 01:59 AM)
Looks like we'll be hearing even more about Mr. Rogen, the new Jack Black or "white/chubby/cuddly" Wil Smith.

He'd lost a ton of weight when he dropped by the Daily Show last week.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 11:01 AM)
He'd lost a ton of weight when he dropped by the Daily Show last week.

He is losing all of the weight so he can be the Green Hornet in a film.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 12:59 PM)
A new Mike Judge movie called Extract, looks hilarious

stars Mila Kunis, Jason Bateman, Kristen Wiig, JK Simmons, Ben Affleck

As one of the apparent few people who thought Idiocracy was brilliant, I'm looking forward to this one.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 03:23 PM)
Or one of the EVERYONE who liked Office Space.

Yeah, Office Space was well received and deservedly so. Fox seemed to almost intentionally not get behind the release of Idiocracy which obviously hurt it's success.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 03:52 PM)
Idiocracy was awesome on so many levels. I love the breeding chart at the beginning of the movie

I took the family out to dinner last night and when my wife asked the waitress for a glass of water I said, "Water? You Mean Like Outta the Toilet?". She just stared blankly at me, like she usually does, of course.

Some people just don't appreciate genius.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
I took the family out to dinner last night and when my wife asked the waitress for a glass of water I said, "Water? You Mean Like Outta the Toilet?". She just stared blankly at me, like she usually does, of course.

Well, that's probably because it says on your chart you're f***ed up. Your s***s all retarded and you talk like a f**.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)

You should have followed that up by saying "Im 'bating!" and asked if they serve mountain dew from the tap

Did you happen to eat at Buttf***ers? ;)

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 03:59 AM)
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=284666

Early review of Rogen cop comedy with high marks (careful, some spoilers in review)...

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20270917,00.html

Looks like we'll be hearing even more about Mr. Rogen, the new Jack Black or "white/chubby/cuddly" Wil Smith.

Why can't he just be seth rogen?

Rogen was apart of five of the seventeen episodes of undeclared, second most only to apatow who wrote parts of all 17. He was also one of the writers behind the second season of da ali g show. Most impressive of all rogen is currently on his fourth screenplay by the age of 26 (will be 27 on the 15th of this month). Rogen was only 17 when he got his start on freaks and geeks... compared to smith who was 21 when fresh prince premiered.

Black and smith have one screenplay combined, black's pick of destiny (black also wrote the 6 episodes of the series). Will smith was the genius behind ''all of us'' w00t!!!

The closest either black of smith have with rogen would be smith. Smith just had something about him on the fresh prince, much like rogen did since day one on freeks and geeks, but that is the comparison ends. Jack black especially does not have s*** on him, but keep in mind i don't mind any of these three (i barely let black slip into my dislike category) .

Rogen is currently on a rapid pace for his writing... on top of how successful nearly all of the movies he has had a role has been.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 05:33 PM)
Well, that's probably because it says on your chart you're f***ed up. Your s***s all retarded and you talk like a f**.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 05:51 PM)
You should have followed that up by saying "Im 'bating!" and asked if they serve mountain dew from the tap

Did you happen to eat at Buttf***ers? ;)

:lolhitting

No, but I did have on my Ow My Balls! T-shirt.

myballs02.jpg

Chose Adventureland over Observe and Report yesterday, and boy was that a waste. The movie had a few chuckles but it was really sappy and the lead's Michael Cera imitation wore out its welcome very early into the movie.