Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 4, 2008 -> 03:23 AM)
No Country for Old Men...good movie, interesting ending. Some great scenes in there with Bardem.

We Own The Night...loved it. The story was great and the car chase was one of the best I've ever seen. Awesome movie.

I was quite disappointed by We Own The Night. I thought it started out okay but deteriorated.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Critic @ May 5, 2008 -> 08:58 AM)
I was quite disappointed by We Own The Night. I thought it started out okay but deteriorated.

Yeah I was too,I thought it was typical and predictable.A really really poor man's Departed.Although the Eva Mendez scene started it off pretty well with the pepperoni action.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 4, 2008 -> 11:25 PM)
Phenomenal.

My only disappointment with the movie is that Maggie Gyllenhaal plays Rachel Dawes. But then again, I haven't seen the movie, so I could be pleasantly surprised.

Ever see "Secretary"? I've been in love with Gyllenhaal ever since.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 5, 2008 -> 08:12 AM)
I have to disagree on the Holmes/Gyllenhall thing. Not only is she a much better actress, she's also better looking than Katie Holmes IMO.

:unsure: Eww.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 5, 2008 -> 01:51 PM)
To each their own. I've been told before I have odd taste. For example, I don't think Angelina Jolie is terribly attractive.

I agree whole heartedly that Maggie > Katie.

Saw The Band's Visit this past Saturday. It's about an Egyptian police band that gets lost in the middle of Podunk Israel.

It was surprisingly funny--but also kind of achingly sad. Part of it is a kind of traditional fish out of water story, with lots of funny bits. But it's also sad because you see these people (Arabs and Jews) who are alone when in a room together. It's hard to explain, but it's totally worth a watch.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 5, 2008 -> 01:51 PM)
For example, I don't think Angelina Jolie is terribly attractive.

Yeah, she's pretty but not what I consider beautiful nor extremely attractive. I'd like to add jessica biel, jennifer aniston, scarlett johansson, and pamela anderson to my list. I was thinking of adding paris hilton, but she's not all that attractive to me at all.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 7, 2008 -> 09:58 AM)
And poor Billy Dee Williams never had a chance. ;)

You would think that Tim Burton would jump at the chance to bring two face into the story

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 7, 2008 -> 10:04 AM)
You would think that Tim Burton would jump at the chance to bring two face into the story

Yeah, it's weird that he completely ignored that portion of the story while including Harvey Dent in the storyline.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 7, 2008 -> 10:04 AM)

Well, certainly that was the plan at some level for a sequel, wether Burton ever cared much to pursue it I don't know. After Billy Dee was introduced in the first film as Dent, he even signed a pay-for-play contract with Warner in the belief that he had secured a role as Two-Face in a sequel.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 7, 2008 -> 10:18 AM)
Well, certainly that was the plan at some level for a sequel, wether Burton ever cared much to pursue it I don't know. After Billy Dee was introduced in the first film as Dent, he even signed a pay-for-play contract with Warner in the belief that he had secured a role as Two-Face in a sequel.

Interesting.

And then Batman Forever took the franchise in what was the absolute worst direction possible.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 7, 2008 -> 10:23 AM)
Interesting.

And then Batman Forever took the franchise in what was the absolute worst direction possible.

Joel Schumacher thankyouverymuch (not)

Although I did love Jim Carrey as the Riddler

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 7, 2008 -> 10:59 AM)
Batman Forever>Batman and Robin

Both were TERRIBLE, but Batman and Robin was one of the worst movies I have seen.

Batman Forever took it in the direction of Batman and Robin. Both films were awful representations of "The Dark Knight."

Interesting how a movie can kill careers (O'Donnell, Silverstone) yet leave others untouched (Clooney).

Thank the Lord for Chris Nolan.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 7, 2008 -> 11:18 AM)

Heh, just to make sure Billy Dee was who I thought he was, I IMDB'd him.

His biography opening is awesome...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001850/

"Very good looking African American actor born in New York City with broad..."

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 7, 2008 -> 10:50 AM)
Batman Forever took it in the direction of Batman and Robin. Both films were awful representations of "The Dark Knight."

Interesting how a movie can kill careers (O'Donnell, Silverstone) yet leave others untouched (Clooney).

Thank the Lord for Chris Nolan.

Clooney really had to step out of the box and make some really good movies to get out from under the glare of Batman and Robin.

I just dont get how Schumacher could go so neon street punk overkill on those movies and think that it would fly. I understand that he was trying to bring in the tongue-in-cheek tone of the Batman tv series, but it just wasnt the right move. He was somewhat subdued in the first movie, but the second movie was just out of control.

And I agree, thank the lord for Chris Nolan