Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 10:44 AM)
Anyone ever see "Waiting"? I caught the tail end of it, and with the cast it looked like it might be funny.

That movie is hilarious. I've seen it like 5 times. Just go buy it.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 10:44 AM)
Anyone ever see "Waiting"? I caught the tail end of it, and with the cast it looked like it might be funny.

I recommend it to anyone that ever worked in a restaurant. The "Office Space" for servers.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 11:44 AM)

It's really good. Very reminiscent of Clerks to me in a lot of ways.

Fair warning, however, after seeing the film you're going to have an incredible urge to show all your friends The Goat.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 08:52 AM)
Saw two movies for the first time last nite, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and The Darjeeling Limited.

I liked F&L, but I really liked Darjeeling, and I'm not all in all sure why.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is quite possibly my favorite movie (although I have to say, Trainspotting is quite close). The book is also excellent, better than the movie (which is more of a testament to how good the book is, since the movie is a great adaptation).

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 08:37 AM)
For those of you interested.....

The Coen Brothers Movie Collection (Fargo / Miller's Crossing / Barton Fink / Raising Arizona / Blood Simple) - Sale $19.49 - Reg $49.98

Wow, that's an incredible deal. I already own all 5 of those films (how can you not?) but anyone who hasn't put down the cash, that's ridiculous. Five excellent films (Miller's Crossing being my favorite of the bunch).

Rated #29 on Soxtalk's list of Top 50 funniest movies!! :P If you're interested here's a deal for ya...Today only.

Linkage

List Price: $14.98

Our Price: $7.20

You Save: $7.78 (52%)

$7.20 + $0.99 S&H = $8.19 shipped

The lovely Buttercup (Robin Wright) learns that "As you wish" really means "I love you" when she falls for her charming farmhand, Westley (Cary Elwes). While trying to seek his fortune, however, Westley disappears at sea, an apparent victim of the Dread Pirate Roberts, who takes no prisoners. A few years later, Buttercup, engaged to the oily Prince Humperdinck (Chris Sarandon), is kidnapped by an oddball trio of rogues--brains, Vizzini (Wallace Shawn); brawn, Fezzik (André the Giant); and sword, Inigo Montoya (Mandy Patinkin in a standout performance). As they sail away toward the Cliffs of Insanity, they notice the pursuit of a man in black...and the adventure begins. A clever fairy tale for all ages, THE PRINCESS BRIDE is arguably one of the funniest and most entertaining films of all time.

51+OCP1DUSL._SS500_.jpg

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ May 1, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)
Never seen that movie, but Scrubs is spoofing the Princess Bride in its NBC finale next Thursday.

I just thought it was a fable themes episode, not necessarily a PB spoof. Can't believe that will be the NBC finale nex....wait, taking to Scrubs thread.