Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 9, 2008 -> 09:53 AM)
Sorry but that movie looks terrible.

I watched the actual cartoon about a year ago on my buddies DVD. The Show was terrible, i cant imagine the movie being worse.

I give these types of movies a lot of rope. I dont expect too much and I am not disappointed too easily, the original subject matter sucked. I just want to see some action, and hopefully the Wayans brother dies first so we dont have to watch him try to be funny.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 9, 2008 -> 02:53 PM)
The first seven minutes of Speedracer

I thought this movie was going to suck, I have changed my mind

I just bought two DVDs worth of the original series so my kids can get up to speed(!) on why it was the collest cartoon ever, in anticipation of seeing the film.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 10, 2008 -> 08:05 AM)
Baby Mama was disappointingly mediocre.

The real question is how could you have expect anything else? That movie looked terrible, despite having Tina Fey.

QUOTE (Felix @ May 10, 2008 -> 10:46 AM)
The real question is how could you have expect anything else? That movie looked terrible, despite having Tina Fey.

I never even saw the preview. We intended to go see Sarah Marshall for $5 but they had some bank handing out free vouchers to any movie in front of the theater. My girlfriend said Baby Mama was supposed to be very funny and I heard mixed things about Sarah Marshall so figured what the heck. I typically like Fey and Poehler.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 10, 2008 -> 11:45 AM)
The trailer for the new Star Wars Clone Wars movie

Awesome

I was hoping that after the Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars series that they'd have moved on to do other storylines, but this does look like it will be good. If I had my druthers, I'd like them to do a series exploring a post-EpVI storyline ala' some of the best Dark Horse stuff, but Lucas didn't ask my opinion. :)

QUOTE (knightni @ May 10, 2008 -> 06:00 PM)
I'm not a fan of the animated stuff when it comes to Star Wars.

It always feels to me like it's half-assed that they can't do a live action Clone Wars (Tartakovsky or this).

Anything that makes sure that Hayden Christensen is not Anakin Skywalker is fine by me. In fact, if they voiced Anakin with someone else i would be a very happy man

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 10, 2008 -> 06:23 PM)
The Green Mile is on one of the Showtimes right now.

What a quality movie.

I remember seeing that in the theatre and the theatre was really dusty, especially at the end cuz my eyes kept watering. :unsure:

QUOTE (Brian @ May 10, 2008 -> 07:33 PM)
I remember seeing that in the theatre and the theatre was really dusty, especially at the end cuz my eyes kept watering. :unsure:

Between that and Shawshank, I love me those two prison movies.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 10, 2008 -> 07:46 PM)
Between that and Shawshank, I love me those two prison movies.

How strange that Stephen King wrote both, when he is more associated with horror

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 10, 2008 -> 09:02 PM)
How strange that Stephen King wrote both, when he is more associated with horror

Very true, but those are two of the best movies I've ever seen. I get choked up at the end of the Green Mile, while Shawshank is just general awesomeness.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 10, 2008 -> 08:16 PM)
Very true, but those are two of the best movies I've ever seen. I get choked up at the end of the Green Mile, while Shawshank is just general awesomeness.

Very few movies effect me, but the Green Mile had me shed some tears at the end... what a damn good movie.

QUOTE (TheOcho @ May 11, 2008 -> 12:29 AM)
Very few movies effect me, but the Green Mile had me shed some tears at the end... what a damn good movie.

I always get a bit choked up in Shawshank when

Brooks is narrating his letter hangs himself.

I really shouldn't black it out because everyone and their mom needs to see that movie. One of my Top 3 all time.