Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 7, 2008 -> 12:30 PM)
I just dont get how Schumacher could go so neon street punk overkill on those movies and think that it would fly.

He was going after the young audience (12-16) and that age demographic loved that s***.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 7, 2008 -> 12:48 PM)
He was going after the young audience (12-16) and that age demographic loved that s***.

I dont know that anyone loved that s***. That movie flopped bigtime in the theatres

QUOTE (Brian @ May 7, 2008 -> 03:14 PM)
IronMan rocked. Anyone else stay until credits were done wanna explain the short scene?

I missed the scene in the theater, but saw it on youtube.

Samuel L. Jackson works for S.H.I.E.L.D., the agency that was helping Gwyneth Paltrow at the end of Ironman. He's

Nick Fury.

He is putting together The Avengers. It'll be an awesome movie in a few years.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 7, 2008 -> 02:19 PM)
I missed the scene in the theater, but saw it on youtube.

Samuel L. Jackson works for S.H.I.E.L.D., the agency that was helping Gwyneth Paltrow at the end of Ironman. He's

Nick Fury.

He is putting together The Avengers. It'll be an awesome movie in a few years.

Why will it be in a few years?

QUOTE (shipps @ May 7, 2008 -> 08:30 PM)
They are writing Anchorman 2 as we speak.What do you think about that knightni?Its probably gonna suck major cannon balls right?

Great Odin's Raven!

QUOTE (shipps @ May 7, 2008 -> 10:30 PM)
They are writing Anchorman 2 as we speak.What do you think about that knightni?Its probably gonna suck major cannon balls right?

I have yet to see a great comedy sequel that I liked as much as the 1st.

Naked Gun 2 1/2 was about the only one.

Maybe European Vacation.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 7, 2008 -> 11:37 PM)
Maybe European Vacation.

European Vacation sucked fat balls.

I don't see why they can't leave Anchorman alone. Standalone it was phenomenal, one of my favorite movies ever. Why can't they just come up with something else?

Its funny how action movie sequels are exciting and people look forward to them(for the most part), but making a sequel to a comedy is almost sacrilege for most.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 8, 2008 -> 07:10 AM)
European Vacation sucked fat balls.

I don't see why they can't leave Anchorman alone. Standalone it was phenomenal, one of my favorite movies ever. Why can't they just come up with something else?

That series was odd in that the series didn't get progressively worse. The Christmas Vacation was almost as good as the orginal, while Vegas and Europe stunk.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 8, 2008 -> 10:14 AM)
Anchorman is one of the worse pieces of s*** I've ever seen. I can guarantee there is no freaking way they'll ever doop me into seeing a 2nd version of that crap.

Thank you! I am not alone.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 8, 2008 -> 10:29 AM)
No, there are two of you. ;)

I wasn't crazy about it the first time I saw it....I watched it again when it was on cable and laughed my ass off. It was weird....

1. "Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention? I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story. I need all of you to stop what you're doing and listen. [Pause.] Cannonball!!!!!!"

2. "If you were a man, I would punch you right in the mouth."

3. "Huh? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Actually, I'm not even mad -- that's amazing!"

4. "Mr. Burgundy! You have a massive erection!"

"Really? Um, yes ... I do."

5. "I look good ... really good. Hey everyone, come and see how good I look!"

6. "Oh my God, what it that smell?"

"That's the smell of desire, my lady."

"God, no ... it smells like a used diaper covered in Indian food!"

"You know, desire smells like that to some people."

7. "We've been coming to the same party for 12 years now, and in no way is that depressing!"

8. "Come get a taste."

9. "I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I'm polite and I'm rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an IQ of 48 and am what some people call 'mentally retarded.'"

10. "Ahhhhhhhhh, God! I did NOT see that coming!"

11. "Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean, that really got out of hand fast!"

"It jumped up a notch!"

"It did, didn't it?"

"Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart!"

"I saw that. Brick killed a guy."

12. "You know how to cut to the core of me, Baxter. You're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair."

13. "I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party."

"Excuse me?"

"The ... party. With the ... with the pants. Party with pants?"

"Brick, are you saying that there's a party in your pants and that I'm invited?"

"That's it."

14. "I'm going to punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker."

15. "Oops, I almost forgot -- I won't be able to make it fellas. Veronica and I trying this new fad called uh, jogging. I believe it's jogging or yogging. It might be a soft 'j' ... I'm not sure, but apparently you just run ... for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild."

16. "Ooooh, it's a formidable scent. Stings the nostrils."

"In a good way, right?"

"Brian, I'm gonna be quite honest with you -- that smells like pure gasoline."

17. "I don't usually do this, but I felt compelled to tell you something. You have an absolutely ... breathtaking ... heinie. I mean, that thing's good. I wanna be friends with it."

18a. "Well guess what? Now this is happening. (Kicks dog over a bridge.) That's how I roll."

18b. "Whhaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha! The man punted Baxter ... whaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha. Mrmmememme motorcycle bridge I hit him with a burrito-ahhhhhhhhhhh haaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in a glass case of emotion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

18c. "Take me to Pleasure Town!"

"Oh, we're going there!"

18d. "I immediately regret this decision."

19. "Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Di-ah-go, which of course in German means 'a whale's vagina.'"

20. "I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly . . . mmmm mmmm mmmm."

21. "You are a smelly pirate hooker! Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island!"

22. "I will smash your face into a car windshield, and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!"

23. "I ate a whole bunch of fiberglass insulation. It wasn't cotton candy like that guy said -- my tummy itches."

24. "I mean, come on, Ed, it's bullcrap! I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the ladies. I mean, they rev my engine -- but they don't belong in the newsroom!"

25. "It's so damn hot! Milk was a bad choice."

26. "Get out! Just go! We are through! Through! Because of your actions, you scorpion woman!"

27. "This is your doctor. I have your pregnancy report here, and guess what. You got knocked up."

28. "We need you. Hell, I need you. I'm a mess without you. I miss you so damned much. I miss being with you. I mess being near you. I miss your laugh. I miss your scent. I miss your musk. When this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together."

29. "People call me the Bry Man, I'm the stylish one of the group. I know what you're asking yourself and the answer is yes -- I have a nickname for my penis. It's called the Octagon. But I also nicknamed my testes -- my left one is James Westphal and my right one is Dr. Kenneth Noisewater. You ladies play your cards right and you just might get to meet the whole gang."

30. "I know that one day, Veronica and I are going to get married on top of a mountain. And there's going to be flutes playing and trombones and flowers and garlands of fresh herbs ... and we will dance. Until the sun rises. And then our children will form a family band and we will tour the country ... and you won't be invited!"

31. "I don't know how to put this ... but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me ... I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany. I'm friends with Merlin Olsen, too. He comes over on occasion."

32. "Take it easy, Champ. Why don't you stop talking for a while?"

"Yeah, maybe sit the next couple plays out."

33. "They've done studies, you know. Sixty percent of the time, it works every time."

34. "I have nothing left! Nothing! I have been reduced to rubble!"

35. "You're watching Channel 4 News with five-time Emmy award-winning anchor Ron Burgundy and Tits McGee."

"Good evening, San Diego. I'm Veronica Corningstone. Tits McGee is on vacation."

Bonus Quote No. 1. "Uh, Brick, before I let you go, are you still having your celebrity golf tournament?"

"No, no. Too many people died last year."

Bonus Quote No. 2. "Today we spell redemption, R-O-N."

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 8, 2008 -> 10:14 AM)
Anchorman is one of the worse pieces of s*** I've ever seen. I can guarantee there is no freaking way they'll ever doop me into seeing a 2nd version of that crap.

I adored Anchorman, but don't want a sequel to ruin it.

I can't believe Sex Panther didn't make that list of quotables.

"No, she gets a special cologne... It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good. [...] They've done studies, you know. Sixty percent of the time, it works every time."

Then Burgundy with the classic reply: "Ooh, a formidable scent. It's quite pungent. It...it stings the nostrils. [...] Brian, to be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline."