White Sox vs. Red Sox, 7/21/07 (L)

briguy27

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hall is a bad defensive catcher. He's not as good offensively as some people believe. But right now, he needs to be recovering from surgery. Instead? He's not playing much, wasting a roster spot and sucking terribly when he does play.

Get him to a doctor, f***ing hell.

danks is getting worse like every outing, it's becoming hard to watch him pitch anymore, whereas earlier in the season it was like the only bright point

if i have to watch iguchi or dye groundout on another belt-high 87mph fastball, i'm gonna throw up

Edited by joesaiditstrue

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 03:41 PM)
danks is getting worse like every outing, it's becoming hard to watch him pitch anymore, whereas earlier in the season it was like the only bright point

if i have to watch iguchi or dye groundout on a belt-high 87mph fastball, i'm gonna throw up

He is 22, he will take his lumps. I could care less what his ERA, or results are this year. As long as he is prepared more, and learns how to get better control by ST of next year. Relax, he is a f***ing rookie.

Hall just realized that John Danks has a good curveball, and started to call for curves. Danks has a decent fastball, but if Hall thinks that Danks is going to live and breathe on the fastball he is mistaken.

Danks needs to get that cutter in, and start to bully righties like Buerhle does. If he starts to do that, with his velocity, and secondary pitches. He will be pretty damn good.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 03:45 PM)
Shocking to see a 22 year old rookie struggle. Danks has been very up and down this season, just like most rookie pitchers.

ahh, the unnecessary sarcastic response, thanks for your insight

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 03:47 PM)
ahh, the unnecessary sarcastic response, thanks for your insight

maybe he didnt think your assessment of Danks was necassary? (or correct)

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
Then see SI71 for a more "appropriate" response....

I see the talent in the pitcher, and understand the maturation process. Its one thing if you see a Felix Diaz who throws a 87 mph straight ball, and his butt puckers up the minute a guy gets on base. Its a different thing, when you have a guy who attacks hitters, and learns and seems to get different pieces better. You can see at some point one he gets his command, the stuff is plus.

But then again, I like Massett as a starter, Floyd if he can get his noggin on and attack the zone. And Gio when he gets here.

Our future pitching looks good, probably another reason I think we should sell either Garland or Vazquez and see if we can get a new SS, like Hu or Escobar plus other pieces. We need to recharge this thing.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 04:10 PM)
Yeah hopefully uribe wont be back next year. Anderson got shredded for a better approach to the plate than Mr. I admit I swing for the fences on every AB.

Anderson got shredded for other reasons.