White Sox vs. Red Sox, 7/22/07 (L)

bjm676

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 04:14 PM)
As you said, Eggs still needs to get on the 40 man(not very difficult), Eggs is still at AA, and the Sox have seemed to be stingy in promotions this season. I just think everything points to Floyd.

Will see.

Yeah, I would think it would be Floyd too, but a man can dream. :)

KW was asked about Gio and Russ the other day in an interview on Barons.com and he made a point to commend Egbert, so he seemingly knows he exists.

Come on Pauly.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 09:17 PM)
Yes, barely hitting .300 in close and late situations this year.

We've discussed this a million times....we're talking about 9th inning production, or if the game goes into extras. I know his stats were awful last year in those situations, and I don't remember a single hit he had in the 9th this season when tied or down a few.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 09:17 PM)
FWIW, in the ninth inning this year Thome is hitting .313/.571/.438.

I luuuuuuuuuv selective memory.

I'd love to see where you can get this so I can look up the game logs, and see why I can't remember his numbers being at that level.

bases loaded, 0 outs = no runs

we ARE the worst team in baseball, no other team does that as much as we do, period

major league talent doesn't load up the bases repeatedly all year, and more often than not walk away with zero runs, absolutely pathetic

i dunno if i can watch anymore games this year, its too frustrating anymore

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 09:19 PM)
I'd love to see where you can get this so I can look up the game logs, and see why I can't remember his numbers being at that level.

Come on, Fathom, you know me better than to lie about statistics. :D

But if you must... Scroll down a bit and you'll see 'em.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pi/bspli...1&year=2007

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 09:21 PM)
No no, I trust you. I just wanted to look at the stats.

In all seriousness, if you could choose one guy on this team to get a clutch hit for you right now, who would it be? Right now I'd say Konerko, but Thome would definitely be number two for me. Ever since the LA walkoff game in 2005, all AJ does in close-and-late spots is swing for the fences -- he seemingly only comes through when we play the Cubs -- and while Jermaine is coming around, I don't think I'd put him above Thome.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 09:24 PM)
In all seriousness, if you could choose one guy on this team to get a clutch hit for you right now, who would it be? Right now I'd say Konerko, but Thome would definitely be number two for me. Ever since the LA walkoff game in 2005, all AJ does in close-and-late spots is swing for the fences -- he seemingly only comes through when we play the Cubs -- and while Jermaine is coming around, I don't think I'd put him above Thome.

I'd list Konerko, then Dye, then Iguchi, and then Thome. Dye seems to get those liners up the middle quite often in late, clutch situations. I thought it was interesting how few homers Thome hits from the 6th inning on this year. I'd want Thome leading off an inning in which we needed a run, as he's the most likely to draw a walk.

Edited by fathom

I watched the game on WGN. All I can say is we had a chance to win, but the bottom line is when the Red Sox had to perform in the clutch, or take advantage of Chisox mistakes, they did and we didn't take advantage of their's. Very dissapointing, and I know it was for Thome and Konerko also, that they couldn't come through with the bags packed. Twice for Konerko.

The worst part about this season is that Kenny Williams and Ozzie still believe in this team, even guys like Uribe, Terreo, and A Gonzalez. It's horse maneure!! Lets get some real prospects up here if we're gonna finish in last place this year and see what we got!

QUOTE(GoGoWhiteSox! @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 05:26 PM)
The worst part about this season is that Kenny Williams and Ozzie still believe in this team, even guys like Uribe, Terreo, and A Gonzalez. It's horse maneure!! Lets get some real prospects up here if we're gonna finish in last place this year and see what we got!

There are no more prospects to promote unless you're ready to see Ryan Sweeney again.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 05:43 PM)
There are no more prospects to promote unless you're ready to see Ryan Sweeney again.

Richar and Sweeney should both be up here, imo. I'm not ready to hand either of them a spot on next years team but at least we can get some idea if either of them are ready.

we are currently sitting with the 8th overall draft pick in next year's draft. that's not nearly good enough for having to sit through this crap season. the good news is we're only a few more losses from a top 5 pick. and given how weak our interleague schedule was, and how difficult the 2nd half schedule is, we should have that great draft pick next season. i just hope we use it on some middle infielders, perhaps an OF with some pop.