I Figured Out Why The Angels Didnt Sign D.E.

wilmot825

Once Again Erstad got hurt today in the game vs. the Yankees. In the top of the 6th, Erstad swung and hit a fly ball to Cabrera in center for an out. Before even running to first, he fell out of the box then jogged to first before grabbing his thighs. Hawk reported that he left the game for back spasms. I think its time to cut the man loose and move on from this once great player.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)
The most predictable failure KW's tenure, bringing in a mediocre 33 year old with a 63 year old woman's body to be the starting CF on your supposed World Series contending team . . . brilliant!

Thing is, when he was supposedly going to be a 4th OF to help guide Anderson a bit, I was happy with the signing. Seemed like a good move. But Ozzie AND KW went off the tracks when they chose Erstad out of ST. So frustrating.

It was obvious from the very beginning that Erstad was being brought in here to take over the CF job. I really don't think Anderson ever had a shot at winning it.

As a 4th OF he would fit right in but Erstad could never be a 4th OF on this club while this current group (KW/Oz) is running the show. They would never allow it.

QUOTE(wilmot825 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 08:03 PM)
Once Again Erstad got hurt today in the game vs. the Yankees. In the top of the 6th, Erstad swung and hit a fly ball to Cabrera in center for an out. Before even running to first, he fell out of the box then jogged to first before grabbing his thighs. Hawk reported that he left the game for back spasms. I think its time to cut the man loose and move on from this once great player.

Genius. I mean, GENIUS. They KNEW he was going to be the ultimate glass boy, so they didn't sign him. BRILLIANT! :)

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:17 PM)
It was obvious from the very beginning that Erstad was being brought in here to take over the CF job. I really don't think Anderson ever had a shot at winning it.

Maybe it has more to do with Anderson than Erstad? Why play Mackowiak in favor of Anderson in '06, allow Erstad to take Anderson's job in '07, and then let Anderson rot in the minors while Erstad sits on the DL for most of the season?

I wouldn't put intense, irrational dislike of Anderson (or any player) past Ozzie, but it seems more plausible that Anderson might have a serious attitude problem or something. :huh

QUOTE(WCSox @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 05:45 PM)
Maybe it has more to do with Anderson than Erstad? Why play Mackowiak in favor of Anderson in '06, allow Erstad to take Anderson's job in '07, and then let Anderson rot in the minors while Erstad sits on the DL for most of the season?

I wouldn't put intense, irrational dislike of Anderson (or any player) past Ozzie, but it seems more plausible that Anderson might have a serious attitude problem or something. :huh

Anderon is striking out once every 4 at bats in AAA ball and is currently at .255. He would be on pace for about 150 strike outs at the AAA leve. I'd have to assume he'd K close to 200 times if given 600 Major League at bats.

So, it may not be attitude at all. It may be just that Brian Anderson isn't a big league caliber hitter.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 09:54 PM)
Anderon is striking out once every 4 at bats in AAA ball and is currently at .255. He would be on pace for about 150 strike outs at the AAA leve. I'd have to assume he'd K close to 200 times if given 600 Major League at bats.

So, it may not be attitude at all. It may be just that Brian Anderson isn't a big league caliber hitter.

Anderson IS not doing a thing, he WAS striking out.

He's done, for this year, and quite possibly for good.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 02:54 PM)

Oh, no doubt about that. I'm basing my comments off of what I hear about BA through a friend of my sister's (who knew BA at the U of A).

QUOTE(WCSox @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 03:29 PM)
Oh, no doubt about that. I'm basing my comments off of what I hear about BA through a friend of my sister's (who knew BA at the U of A).

If this year of struggling and injuries isn't enough to humble that kid, then nothing will.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 07:18 PM)
It's not that Erstad can play the game it's that he can't play the game because he's injred all the time. Now does that mean in 2008 he will be healthy/healthier? Million dollar question.

More like a five cent question. What would suggests to you or anyone else that Erstad is capable of contributing to any major leauge ballclub when he's incapable of remaining on the field?

Enough of Erstad. Enough of Podsednik. I don't want either on this ballclub next season in any capacity.