Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This just in....

*Newsflash* Mississippi State's QB is absolutely god awful. 4 INTs in teh first half. Now, LSUs defense is good, but he is making some VERY bad throws. Luckily for Miss. St, their defense is a quality unit. Only 10 points to show for 4 turnovers so far.

Kent State is MUCH improved this year and has some pretty good talent, with a shot to be right there in the wide open MAC East race. With that said, to lose 23-14 at home to Kent State in your opener (it's now a final) is NOT GOOD AT ALL for Iowa State. Wow.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I had a beer and 3 shots of Hawkeye in a half hour before the game tonight and that left me pretty f***ed up for the game. I got thrown up in the air after the first touchdown and crowdsurfed, so we can cross that off the to-do list.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 04:47 AM)
Chris Rix and Reggie Ball say hi, but I think Meyer might be in 3rd place in that category.

Reggie Ball is the worst 4-year quarterback in the history of football. He had arguably the greatest WR in college history, and couldn't achieve anything. Not only that, he was just a massive cancer off the field.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 11:57 PM)
Reggie Ball is the worst 4-year quarterback in the history of football. He had arguably the greatest WR in college history, and couldn't achieve anything. Not only that, he was just a massive cancer off the field.

Managing to avoid throwing to Todd Blythe is quite the feat.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 12:20 AM)
I had a beer and 3 shots of Hawkeye in a half hour before the game tonight and that left me pretty f***ed up for the game. I got thrown up in the air after the first touchdown and crowdsurfed, so we can cross that off the to-do list.

So, you drown your sorrows in a beverage with the same name as the University of Iowa's mascot...?

Interesting...

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 11:20 PM)

3 shots and a beer...you lightweight!!

I think it should be a pretty well fought game tomorrow between Mizzou and the Illini. Mizzou's passing attack worries me, especially TE Chase Coffman, but I think the Illini's defense is strong enough to at least keep the running game in check for the most part which would allow them to focus on stopping the pass. Mizzou's defense doesn't impress me too much and I think that they have the opportunity to put up some points. It all depends on how much improvement Juice has made at QB. What I've heard is that he focused all offseason on his passing accuracy and hopefully it shows. Honestly, not wanting to get my hopes up too much, I think Mizzou wins a close one.

I expect anywhere from a 5-7 to a 7-5 season from Illinois this year. They have a pretty tough conference schedule, missing out on Michigan St. and Purdue but they should get 3 non-conference wins. There's a lot of hype surrounding the football program at Illinois with the recruiting class Zook has pulled in. Hopefully, they can show some improvement pulling out a few of those games that were close losses last year and no longer be the perennial doormat of the Big 10.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 01:58 PM)
What do you U of I fans think of this weekend's game in St. Louis?

I'll be there, anyone else making the trek?

Win the turnover battle and we'll have a chance to win.

I don't expect to win, but I fully expect to be in the game with a chance to win late in the game. Show some flashes of good football out there, mainly in the passing game and on special teams (this means you punt team), and we'll go from there. A win would be fabulous and would really set us up well to try to get 6 wins. I'll say Mizzou will win 27-20.