White Sox vs. Tigers, 8/05/07 (W)

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:09 PM)
I know he's been hurt, but still in pain?

It sounded like he was pitching in pain earlier in the season, but is fine now. I could have heard wrong.

Game OVA! :headbang

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 08:12 PM)
oh please, that was plenty civil, especially considering the other stuff that is said on these boards

Oh it was plenty civil, just really really f***ing stupid. Can't put up a good argument so you resort to stupid s***.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:12 PM)
oh please, that was plenty civil, especially considering the other stuff that is said on these boards

I don't want it go anywhere it doesn't have to. Just stop.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:10 PM)
Then why in a recent poll of major league players he was ranked #1 as the biggest jerk, even ahead of Jeff Kent, who is a notorious prick?

Bonds will never play a day in Chicago. I hope the turd retires at the end of this year and becomes a motivational speaker for crack addicts.

I actually seem to recall that being AJP, but maybe that's just my memory.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:15 PM)
f*** off dude. the sox aren't signing a 43 club house cancel to expensive contract, escpecially seeing we need outfield speed and defense. deal with it

The Sox need good players, not crappy ones. By suggesting speed and defense, you're saying you'd rather have Torii Hunter and Jerry Owens in the outfield rather than Barry Bonds.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:15 PM)
avoid the point because you dont have one much?

The sox need speed, defense, and a fairly cheap option for the outfield. bonds is none of those. i would rather spend money on pitching than bonds.

happy?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)
The Sox need good players, not crappy ones. By suggesting speed and defense, you're saying you'd rather have Torii Hunter and Jerry Owens in the outfield rather than Barry Bonds.

would you rather spend big money on bonds on pitching?

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 08:19 PM)
The sox need speed, defense, and a fairly cheap option for the outfield. bonds is none of those. i would rather spend money on pitching than bonds.

On pitching. How nice. Let's give Scott Linebrink a one year deal worth $10 million. At least the clubhouse would be nice and dandy, right?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 08:16 PM)
I actually seem to recall that being AJP, but maybe that's just my memory.

I always find it funny for Sox fans to talk about "clubhouse cancers". Really? This team brought in AJ Pierzynski and Carl Everett, two guys that LOTS of people hated.

LOL

this board really does mutate into a joke at times.

yes kids, we'll sign bonds... sure

Let's give Scott Linebrink a one year deal worth $10 million. At least the clubhouse would be nice and dandy, right?

:lolhitting

no one mentioned that until you bud

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)

happy?

He may not be cheap but the addition of Barry Bonds will go some ways towards keeping attendance up, after this rough year who knows where attendance might head. That will help with the huge cost of Bonds, not to mention he is quite easily one of the best bats in the league no matter how old he is. And as has already been mentioned he could be a possible DH candidate, or even if you do have him in LF you still have 2 spots to put your little slap hitters you so badly want.

And where are you going to spend huge money on pitching?

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:23 PM)
He may not be cheap but the addition of Barry Bonds will go some ways towards keeping attendance up, after this rough year who knows where attendance might head. That will help with the huge cost of Bonds, not to mention he is quite easily one of the best bats in the league no matter how old he is. And as has already been mentioned he could be a possible DH candidate, or even if you do have him in LF you still have 2 spots to put your little slap hitters you so badly want.

I don't know any sox fans that like bonds. Just having Barry Bonds on the roster won't help attendance.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)
I don't know any sox fans that like bonds. Just having Barry Bonds on the roster won't help attendance.

You're kidding yourself. But either way what about the other points? Where are you going to drop massive amounts of money on pitching?