Sox vs. Mariners Gamethread 09/17/2007

max power

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 12:14 AM)
Oh please no...he should be a back-up middle infielder. I'd rather have Uribe over him.

I think I will back up on that suggestion. His fielding is above average (like Uribe) and his average is 25 points higher than Uribe's, but .............. the guy takes way less walks than Uribe (how could this be possible).

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 04:22 AM)
I think I will back up on that suggestion. His fielding is above average (like Uribe) and his average is 25 points higher than Uribe's, but .............. the guy takes way less walks than Uribe (how could this be possible).

He barely gets extra base hits, isn't exactly young....and just isn't good. He wouldn't be an upgrade at all.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 12:22 AM)

The fact of the matter is we missed, and missed badly, on Pedro Lopez and Robert Valido. At one time, they were considered very nice SS prospects in this organization. Now they are basically turds. I like our situation at Catcher (another suspect position for us) FAR better.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 11:22 PM)

Probably because McDonald is all glove and NO stick. He's one of the absolute worst hitters in the history of the game.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 04:25 AM)
The fact of the matter is we missed, and missed badly, on Pedro Lopez and Robert Valido. At one time, they were considered very nice SS prospects in this organization. Now they are basically turds. I like our situation at Catcher (another suspect position for us) FAR better.

You could have made it simpler and said our minor league offensive talent is the worst in baseball.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 12:25 AM)
He barely gets extra base hits, isn't exactly young....and just isn't good. He wouldn't be an upgrade at all.

TSN naturally features Jay highlights more than most teams. I've seen him make an awful lot of great fielding plays. Still, on second thought, I hope the Sox can do better. Nobody else impresses me in the free agent market though. It's going to be hard for Kenny to find a gem this off season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 12:29 AM)
You could have made it simpler and said our minor league offensive talent is the worst in baseball.

I suppose so. haha...I do think there are a couple other organizations worse (St.Louis for one). But our situation in the minors with the exception of a couple nice Starting Pitcher prospects is indeed quite ugly.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 04:31 AM)
I suppose so. haha...I do think there are a couple other organizations worse (St.Louis for one). But our situation in the minors with the exception of a couple nice Starting Pitcher prospects is indeed quite ugly.

At least they have Rasmus.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 12:32 AM)
At least they have Rasmus.

They do. I think they also have a pretty decent catcher prospect. But they have nothing on our pitching prospects.

Ehren Wasserman is terrific. This kid has a real idea how to pitch. He won't blow you away with electricity, but I really love what I have seen out of him.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 04:35 AM)
Potential Lineup in the 9th inning against Putz

-Uribe

-Richar

-Owens

-Fields

-Cintron

Against a pitcher with this type of stuff...completely laughable.

But people think Owens is a starter....GMAFB