Sox vs. Mariners Gamethread 09/17/2007

max power

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grinder city tonight with Konerko out of the lineup. It's sickening how Ozzie seems to create opportunities so he can play those two guys. And FWIW, a friend of mine saw Sweeney play this week, and couldn't believe how bad he looks right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 05:48 PM)
Grinder city tonight with Konerko out of the lineup. It's sickening how Ozzie seems to create opportunities so he can play those two guys. And FWIW, a friend of mine saw Sweeney play this week, and couldn't believe how bad he looks right now.

Well, at least Konerko and Thome are getting some time off...

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 08:22 PM)
Here we get TV Fox Sports NW and I can watch the Sox play the Mariners tonight and Sunday. Saturday they are on WGN so 3 nights of Chisox baseball.

I'm happy for you. I'm sure it means a lot, considering the fact that you're in Montana and probably don't get to watch enough.

Edited by Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 07:48 PM)

Hey, atleast we're positioning ourselves to lead MLB in 5th starters and 4th OFs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 10:14 PM)
Haha, what a joke. It's amazing how quick we were to put him back in the rotation after two good relief outings.

Did it to showcase him for the Dodgers and others...should have probably just kept him in the pen.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 02:14 AM)
I think I just saw the Dodgers scouts get up and leave the game.

I was at a Michigan St/Illinois game a few years back, and after the first pitch thrown by the Michigan St. starter, the scout got up and left for the rest of the game. I wish I could say this guy was Mark Mulder on the mound....but it wasn't...he gave up 5 homers in 2 innings.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 09:17 PM)
Ugh, one of those great baseball days. So you really like Richar?

Big time, clearly he's not hitting now but everything else I see seems sound. I really have a feeling the hits will come with him.