Sox vs. Mariners Gamethread 09/17/2007

max power

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 10:27 PM)
We'll take Jordan Danks

too high of profile. Think more like some unknown Division II undersized player with a lot of heart and a good tourney. Thats what we will pick. It will take 3 days to find video of the player.

Edited by southsideirish71

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First round pick is not an option. Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, and San Francisco will be tough to catch. Then again, we caught Washington and Kansas City and aren't far behind Texas and Cincinnati. So anything is possible..

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 10:17 PM)
He just seems to have no strength behind his swing. He looks more like Otis Nixon than anything else right now. Between him and Owens, there's no way you can actually think you can compete for the AL Central last with those mediocre players as full-time starters.

My belief from this point forward is this team has absolutely no chance to reach the playoffs next season until proven otherwise. I'm not going to just sit back like others and keep throwing out passive phrases such as "Williams has all offseason to (blank)" No. Until that moment arrives, and it benefits us, then I'm looking right past 2008 and into 2009.

And no -- to answer the inevitable question which comes after posts such as these -- I'm not going to stop posting if I have no hope for next season. I'd rather annoy everyone.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 03:30 AM)
Bautista dominating us is one of many embarassing moments of this year.

Batista has been pitching well at least. Getting shut down by Weaver was the worst offensive game of the season since Durbin dominated us way back when. This is probably the low point for the Sox organization in a long time with what's going on with the team and what is going on 8 miles north.

You all realize that our fat shortstop will be back putting up a sub 300 OBP, sub 240 BA, and with worse defense due to the face that 5 million dollar options buy a s***load of doublemeat on the footlong subs he will be packing away like they are White Castles.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 03:35 AM)
You all realize that our fat shortstop will be back putting up a sub 300 OBP, sub 240 BA, and with worse defense due to the face that 5 million dollar options buy a s***load of doublemeat on the footlong subs he will be packing away like they are White Castles.

I don't think he'll be back, especially after KW's comments the other day about OBP.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 10:36 PM)
I don't think he'll be back, especially after KW's comments the other day about OBP.

His replacment then will either be a 40+ year old SS who used to play for Cleveland or a Pixie who plays SS for the Cardinals.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 11:37 PM)
His replacment then will either be a 40+ year old SS who used to play for Cleveland or a Pixie who plays SS for the Cardinals.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Sad thing is, I bet you're friggin right.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 08:42 PM)
Does anyone know if its unseasonably cold on the West Coast. Our hitting has dropped off quite a bit and I want to make sure that we dont hear about how cold it is and how they cant hit in the cold.

65 degrees right now according to the Weather Channel.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 10:42 PM)
Does anyone know if its unseasonably cold on the West Coast. Our hitting has dropped off quite a bit and I want to make sure that we dont hear about how cold it is and how they cant hit in the cold.

67 degrees in Seattle according to yahoo.

Maybe we can burn some baseball cards for heat.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 10:37 PM)

This is where a better organization would dig down into their minor league system and pull out someone for SS.

Or LF.

Or CF.

Or RF.